Fyi

Phenom

Member +
I've read a number of posts recently regarding peoples' tyre choices.
It would appear that the GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 is rated highly by many.

I was considering these until I searched a few review sites, and read that they are now produced in CHINA.

Camskills have confirmed via e-mail that production has ceased in GERMANY and has moved over to CHINA.....................:eek:

gv1.3

Admin
cant see there being a huge difference. Lots of manufacturing is moving to China and quality control will no doubt be on the top of the list for goodyear. I think we would all be a bit surprised if we truly realised how many of the things we buy are manufactured in China or at least have vital components manufactured there.

Phenom

Member +
cant see there being a huge difference. Lots of manufacturing is moving to China and quality control will no doubt be on the top of the list for goodyear. I think we would all be a bit surprised if we truly realised how many of the things we buy are manufactured in China or at least have vital components manufactured there.

That was my thought initially.
According to what I read on the review sites, it does appear that the Chinese made tyres are not up to the same quality as the previous German ones.

I have always used German made F1's on the Vec previously,with great results.

I wont be buying the Chinese version though.............:eek:

Matchew

Member +
Same here im running brand new eagle f1's all round.

After i think im gonna go for parada spec 2's they seem to be a popular tyre

gv1.3

Admin
interesting... I am sure if they are inferior quality goodyear will feel it in their pocket when customers stop buying them.

When people report they are not of the same quality what are they saying is different with them and what evidence is there to back this up?

I only ask because these rumours have a way of taking on a life of their own but if they are actually inferior in quality it would be interesting to know in what areas.

ChrisGT

Member +
I phoned up two tyre places earlier, got prices for Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Yokohama Parada Spec 2's, and Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s...the Goodyears were the most expensive both times and when I asked what they would recommend one said either the F1's or T1R's and the other straight up said T1Rs! Thought it would've been in their best interest to push the more expensive F1...oh and get this, I'm getting the T1R's (195/50/15) for £37.50 fitted each. Lovely!

BlackRocket

Member +
I phoned up two tyre places earlier, got prices for Toyo Proxes T1-Rs, Yokohama Parada Spec 2's, and Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s...the Goodyears were the most expensive both times and when I asked what they would recommend one said either the F1's or T1R's and the other straight up said T1Rs! Thought it would've been in their best interest to push the more expensive F1...oh and get this, I'm getting the T1R's (195/50/15) for £37.50 fitted each. Lovely!

Not really. The T1R's will see you back buying a new set of tyres before the Yoko's or Goodyears. The Toyo's have a very soft rubber compound so wear really quickly and IMO they are far worse than both the other alternatives for road noise which is no biggy but still a factor.

Steve

ChrisGT

Member +
Not really. The T1R's will see you back buying a new set of tyres before the Yoko's or Goodyears. The Toyo's have a very soft rubber compound so wear really quickly and IMO they are far worse than both the other alternatives for road noise which is no biggy but still a factor.

Steve

Hmm a lot of reviews I've read rate the T1-Rs as a fairly low wearing tyre; an example being here:

http://tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Toyo/T1R.htm

http://tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/Eagle-F1-GSD3.htm

Ah well, I shall try them out. See how it goes!