garrett gt286ORS turbo USERS!

Barretta

Member +
Hi Guys

I was wondering the maximum boost that the garrett gt286Ors can run!
This turbo can easily make 33OHp plus some extra power depending on the mods!

Anyone here running 2 bar on this turbo!

What power people are achieving on this turbo!

thanks Guys

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
seen boy's make 330 on 1.6bar, and 350 on a 2871 at same boost, good turbo's and come in with a bang on a 4e

Barretta

Member +
seen boy's make 330 on 1.6bar, and 350 on a 2871 at same boost, good turbo's and come in with a bang on a 4e

Having the mapped with Afr this week and had problems with that custom manifold that DAVE @ tm develop. sells, but its the old version! Its always cracking I already had it welded 4 times, This time AFR will be making a bracket so it doesn't crack anymore!
The car made 27Ohp running 1.6 bar but not much fuel there on , that was a safe run because the manifold was just welded and now needs proper bracked!
I also have a intercooler pipe retrision! but will change to a 3 '' not 2'', !Got the coil plugs now working and speedvison cams as well. Hopefully the AEM water methonal will help a bit. Looking forward to see some progress!

cheers!

Last edited:
i built a starlet for a customer a few months ago got it mapped to run it in. its spec was a forged 5e ported/polished head hrf inner shim kit and cruise cams with a gt28rs topmounted zisco kit and it made 250bhp @ 0.6 bar

also had a std manifold

we recon she will easy see 350-400 @ 1.8-2.0 bar with a few more tweeks

turbostar

Member +
how laggy are these turbos say on a forged 4e with the supporting mods ie fmic exhauste fpr etc etc,
when would you expect to see full boost by (what rpm)?

cheers dan

Chris@CCM

Member +
U don't need 3" cooler piping I can tell u that for sure I've mapped cars running over 400 on stock blitz piping

Rory

Lifer
3" piping is overkill on these little motors. You want to keep the air speed up not slow it down! For reference the Blitz piping is 60mm, 3" is 76mm!!

Anyway, will be good to see how this turbo performs :)

sam_glanz

Member +
Gt series turbo's are strong! Any body who says "oh there ball bearing and don't like big boost" dose not know what there talking about, you can run the gt28rs at 2 bar no proplem, For example the cosworth lads all run masive boost, and the GT28 30 35 and even the 40 and very popular turbo's and built to last.

AdamB

Member +
Gt series turbo's are strong! Any body who says "oh there ball bearing and don't like big boost" dose not know what there talking about, you can run the gt28rs at 2 bar no proplem, For example the cosworth lads all run masive boost, and the GT28 30 35 and even the 40 and very popular turbo's and built to last.

Garrett arn't the best for nothing :p
With a larger exhaust housing there's no reason why they can't push over 2 bar.

ramses974

Member +
i built a starlet for a customer a few months ago got it mapped to run it in. its spec was a forged 5e ported/polished head hrf inner shim kit and cruise cams with a gt28rs topmounted zisco kit and it made 250bhp @ 0.6 bar

also had a std manifold

we recon she will easy see 350-400 @ 1.8-2.0 bar with a few more tweeks

250bhp at 0.6bar is very very high ....i have never seen that...