Garrett t25 from a sr20det nissan s13

zxmcwolf

Fresh Recruit
Is anyone running this one? I've heard that they are good and I happen to have one! Is it worth putting it on my 4efte? Here are some pics:

4659187_3_b_zps0763933a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

4659187_1_b_zps9204991a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bongskag

Member +
took her for a run the other day , it boosted way above 1 bar tho due to a wastegate spacer I installed. It had around 0.5 bar @ 4000rpm then just went crazy 1bar+ I was looking at rpm / boost afr at the same time (now have the wideband logging with emanage tools) .. so much different from a td04! its like launching while driving .. awesome :) It seemd a bit laggy , but no boost contoller with gain feature , and no advance in timing map before boost , and running too rich also

. I was using an old map from the previous owner, (no timing map) boost cut at 4.10v so only did 2 pulls keeping an eye on afr's, the afr was around 10.5ish so ive since taken the spacer out so looking to run 9psi (0.65bar) and make a new map based on my injectors / fuel pressure / turbo .. and work my way up to around 1.2 bar , its work in progress for now. and im waiting on knock detection equipment,

heres a pic , tried to set up the w/g with maximum flow in mind , it looks evil with the toms grill in and the w/g just behind it ;) oh yeh had to move some wiring too lol !
DSCF9821.jpg

bongskag

Member +
thanks !

it was a bitch to design. mainly due to the large radius bends on the exhaust manifold.. but I don't choose what parts I get . I try to buy second hand .. the manifold was sold as working 100% fine ( it was a respected make on here !) but it had a hairline crack around the collector which had to be welded

the exhuast housing is from a china charger Td04 and is a divided from factory ! I had a copper gasket made so its a true 2.5" all the way through from the exhaust wheel with no turbulance from cavitys relating to the standard internal gate.. not just a divider plate on the downpipe. I think this is a major flow achievement and people should activly be searching out the divided housings for this purpose If utilising an external wastegate.
downpipe now goes to a 2.5" v-band then exhaust , straight through with no gaskets. and polylock pipe instead of the usual flow nightmare that is a "flexi pipe " lol .. keep it original, nothing worse than a single tuning route for a car.. ( i.e td04's all round! ) yawn ... .. .. . (^-^) I get more inspriration and motivation from making things slightly different.. im sure this tubby will fly once I have a boost controller and a nicely fuelled map.

zxmcwolf

Fresh Recruit
Looks sick mate! I am currently rebuilding my engine and when im done im going to put one of these on..thanks for all the info mate! Keep us updated!

Skalabala

Member +
The turbo in the OP is a T25G. It has a bigger compressor housing and compressor wheel compared to normal a T25.
I also have one that I would like to fit. But I think I will be fitting the CA18DET T25 exhaust housing on the T25G to lessen the lag.

aidan

Member +
Stock engine and management. I have the making s of a fully forged engine and management and stuff got now so just need time to build it then whack on the boost