Garrett T28

Richard

Member +
Hi,

My brother's is going to be upgrading his turbo on his nissan s14a and has said I could have the turbo if it's any good to me. Its only done around 5000miles since it was rebuilt and was rebuilt with a 360thrust bearing.

I was just wondering how good this would be as an upgrade to a '95 gt turbo. What sort of supporting mods would I need? Management? Forged internals? What sort of boost could I run? That sort of thing.

A guide on how to do this conversion if someone has done it before would be a great help too.

Cheers

Rich

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
u can run 1bar on stock internals... though ull need a pump & injectors.. to run it smoothly.. well u can get an emu or an ecu.. but it will run anyway if u have a decent fuelling system :)

kon

Richard

Member +
Will the standard ecu be ok with larger injectors. I take it that it would need to be remapped or use something like an apexi safc to get the fueling correct again?

What sort of size injectors should I go for? or how far could I push the stock injectors?

Cheers

stedee

Member +
sounds like a good turbo if its got 360 bearings - used to have a pulsar myself, might be a good idea to flog it on the gtiroc or gtir mod sites and go the td04 route as it is tried and tested

pulsars run 440cc injectors, you would need alot of mods really to get it to run properly and you would need to forge, what boost did he run, i think they can run 1.4 with a 360 bearing

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
no he wouldnt need to forge!

to run 1 bar all he would need are a set of 330cc injectors, an uprated pump, & a regulator + some sort of piggyback since u britts love them so much...

i have friends who have ran this turbo on stock internals for years with 1~1.2bar boost.. with just a regulator inj & pump setup..

kon

nexia201

Member +

to run 1 bar all he would need are a set of 330cc injectors, an uprated pump, & a regulator + some sort of piggyback since u britts love them so much...

i have friends who have ran this turbo on stock internals for years with 1~1.2bar boost.. with just a regulator inj & pump setup..

kon

But thats us Maltese Kon these are scared to do that so they like to pley it safe :p

Sassu

Member +
the spool time on that thing will be unreal mate..

just lag out then boost then gear change :|

Richard

Member +
Its coming off his s14a and he runs 1bar of boost. Its not a roller bearing turbo, just the stanrd s14a turbo but he had a 360 thrust bearing fitted when he had it rebuilt. This doesnt really make the turbo spool up much faster, it just allows you run more boost more safely by increasing the area of the thrust bearing washer.

What sort of rpm would you expect this turbo to hit about 1bar of boost on a pretty much standard engine?

kon

Cheers thought it would be somthing along those lines. Any advice on which injectors, pump and regulator to go for?

Would also need a different mani and down pipe to suit the GT28

Thanks, I knew I would have to modify the standard manifold and downpipe but that shouldn't really be a problem.

As kon says the main thing is sorting the fuelling mate. A FPR, fcd + f/pump would be minimum to do this and you should be able to run a bar of boost through it nicely.

Pump = Walbro / Supra ??
FCD = HKS, JAM, GREDDY
FPR = SARD (rising rate)