Gear box question?

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
i need someone to confirm for me:
c52 gear box is out of a gt
c56 gear box is out of a glanza

Also is there any difference in gear ratios

Im asking this because i have a glanza gear box in my car an have a gt gear box in the shed and im getting a quaife diff and was wondering are the ratios different and which one people would reccomend to put the diff in and why.

The car will be used for drag racing ocasionally if that makes a difference

Cheers
Mark

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
yes the c56 is out of a glanza.
and as far as i know know gear are same, but think glanza has shorter 3rd and 4th gears marginally.
but top speed will be same mate i believe should be in theory

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Yup shorter 3rd and 4th gears in the Glanza but same final drive and 5th gear so same capable top speed.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Which do you think would be a better box to use. if i do plan o doing a bit of drag racing

Cheers for the help ;)

All depends on what power/torque you wanna run. Anything under 270-280hp I'd go with he glanza box, anything above it I'd be saying GT box for traction reasons in 3rd though once you go above 350-360hp even with good tyres 3rd gear is going to have problems keeping grip ona non prepped track.

turbo head

Munster Area Rep.
All depends on what power/torque you wanna run. Anything under 270-280hp I'd go with he glanza box, anything above it I'd be saying GT box for traction reasons in 3rd though once you go above 350-360hp even with good tyres 3rd gear is going to have problems keeping grip ona non prepped track.
Jeasus i wont be running any thing to big for a long time it will be around the 200bhp mark for the next year or so

corofin12345

Member +
i love the 3rd and 4th gear in my box.. it seem like on full boost in 3rd and then go for 4th theres zero lag same with 5th.. 2nd seems long