Gear cables really stiff what could be the problem

turboflow

Member +
Hi all,

this morning i left for work as usual and all was fine until i overtook a caravaner and then all of a sudden i couild not get it out of gear, i managed to yank it out and get it into second and crawl home, i thought it could be my gearbox but i disconnected the link cables and the gearbox pops in and out no problem so then i removed the gearstick and the plastic holder leaving just the cables and the gearstick wobles all over shop nicely but the cable i is near enough jammed tight, i am able to use two hand on the gearstick and pull it in and out of gear but no chance with one hand . does anyone now what could have happened, it just suddenly went mega stiff.

cheers all

rep will be added to all that reply,
i kinda need it fixed lol

owen

turboflow

Member +
ok got the cable out and it is jammed up a treat, so if anyone is breaking a starlet in the kent area please could u pm me asap and i will pick it up today. cheers all

turboflow

Member +
i have tried fixing it and the joiner nearest the gear stick end is properly buggered, let me know how much you want for it and i will pay for them and first class post or courrier company which ever is fastest
owen

thats it off mate.

I'll post pics in a sec, need to upload them first.

Unfortunately I can't accept paypal though for payment, they've blocked my account due to how much money has passed through it lol Just for your information like.

edit- Pics here:
DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

DSCF0089.jpg

Last edited:

thefalls

Member +
Hey mate.
I had the same problem a while back.
My gear selector cable,one of them,had worn out and couldnt changes gears.
It was very stiff.
In fact it had snapped within the sleeve,hanging on a few threads!
Changed both of them since they are sold together.
Since then its all fine.