Gearbox Issue!

AntEP82

Member +
I have a problem with my gearbox, it often gets stuck in gear and sometimes doesnt want to go into gear. It did the same in the old box but changed it because the 3rd synchro was gone. I think it could be the release bearing. I'm gonna change the release bearing soon anyway... Just after people's opinions really

AntEP82

Member +
That's another thing.... i don't know wot clutch is in it! Might just change that while the engine is out aswell. I haven't had any problems with the clutch slipping though

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
change the clutch then bleed the system mate helps alot- or flush out with new fuild when i changed mine it was very dirty

RobSR

Member +
ant itll be the clutch, the center casing around the springs is probably cracked, and the center is wobbling around, hence it not going in gear very well/

ryan_v

Lifer
my mate had the same problem and changed his box and it was no better got it sorted by adjusting the clutch pedal. all you have to do is, loosen a nut (12mm i think) remove a r clip, remove a pin and spin the bracket that joins the master cyclinder to the pedal out further towards the pedal. then stick it all together again. theres also a stopper on the clutch pedal bracket that you might have to adjust its just a nut and bolt, easy done.

ryan_v

Lifer
ant itll be the clutch, the center casing around the springs is probably cracked, and the center is wobbling around, hence it not going in gear very well/

youl geta really bad rattling noise when the clutch isnt engaged on idle if the centre bits broke away from the clutch

madman

Member +
it could be an ORC clutch and they have rattly release bearings or has it just started to do this... you could also change the clutch slave and master cylinders as an uprated pressure plate puts excess pressure on these and could have weakened over time

asifatyard21

Member +
may not be the problem but my gear lever became very stiff in to gears, and it was the gear linkage cable which was worn. eventually wouldnt move as it snapped.

My gear box is giving me similar problems

Its sliping out of 3rd and im finiding it hard to get reverse... Does that sound like the clutch??

AntEP82

Member +
So many problems it could be! There's no noise when idling, just having trouble with it not always going into gear and also getting stuck in gear once it's there

ryanerak

Member +
same problems as me mate, definatly a clutch problem! ive replaced everything including the clutch and still does it! i think its down to my exedy organic as when we changed it it was fine for about 20 mins then started playing up again :( when your in heavy traffic & your on and off the clutch does the car judder quite a bit?

AntEP82

Member +
same problems as me mate, definatly a clutch problem! ive replaced everything including the clutch and still does it! i think its down to my exedy organic as when we changed it it was fine for about 20 mins then started playing up again :( when your in heavy traffic & your on and off the clutch does the car judder quite a bit?

Doesnt rly judder unless i dnt give it enough revs.... need to give it near enough 2k for it not to judder! Just got used to it.... I'm defo getting a new clutch so will report bk once that's fitted and tell you if it's solved it :)

ryanerak

Member +
mine judders even if you rev the tits off it, only after youve been in traffic for a while though. Let me know how you get on mate, what clutch you going for?