gearbox noise in reverse!!!!

glanza91

Member +
hi im woundering if anyone can help... couple of months ago i put in a new 309 orc clutch kit. and everythin was working fine. last week when putting the gear in reverse then starts movin starts to make a a grinding noise and not always does it

anyone can tell me if it is syncros or something else??

thanks

Ted

Member +
theres no syncro on reverse, clutch could be a bit hesitant to disengage fully. hard to engage any other gears?

Somhairle

Lifer
Try changing the geaxbox oil first, check out the slave cylinder also.

get your friend to hold the clutch down, and look at the slave cylinder to see its its gradually moving with the clutch depressed. If it does move, you have a leak somewhere. Either at the master cylinder (that may be worn) or at the slave cylinder.

Reverse gear is a straight cut gear, so you can normally hear a whining sound, but not grinding.

Flush the gearbox, look for signs of debris in the oil.

I replaced the oil in my Subaru sti with castrol syntrax and it stopped all signs of notchyness and some difficulty selecting gear within a day as its a shock absorbing oil.

good luck.

Som.

glanza91

Member +
Try changing the geaxbox oil first, check out the slave cylinder also.

get your friend to hold the clutch down, and look at the slave cylinder to see its its gradually moving with the clutch depressed. If it does move, you have a leak somewhere. Either at the master cylinder (that may be worn) or at the slave cylinder.

Reverse gear is a straight cut gear, so you can normally hear a whining sound, but not grinding.

Flush the gearbox, look for signs of debris in the oil.

I replaced the oil in my Subaru sti with castrol syntrax and it stopped all signs of notchyness and some difficulty selecting gear within a day as its a shock absorbing oil.

good luck.

Som.

hi
thank allot for your advice.
i will do it and get back
thanks very much greatly appreciated

Paul-GlzV

Member +
try bleeding the clutch fluid 1st it'll be alot less hassle than changin the oil an less cost. i was told by anotha member sometimes they need re-bleed a few times after fittin til they bed in? i found this wit my orc aswell but i've probs in most gears esp reverse so i'm now on2 change rod in slave cylinder to a longer 1 :mad:.

glanza91

Member +
try bleeding the clutch fluid 1st it'll be alot less hassle than changin the oil an less cost. i was told by anotha member sometimes they need re-bleed a few times after fittin til they bed in? i found this wit my orc aswell but i've probs in most gears esp reverse so i'm now on2 change rod in slave cylinder to a longer 1 :mad:.

cheers mate
next week takin it to a mechanic ill get back to you on the outcome

cheers

leon

Fresh Recruit
hey, ive had a prob with my box, gearbox driveshaft seals are worn so its leakin fluid abit atm, its gettin done 2moz so hopefully it will be sorted, is the gearboxdriveshaft seals a common prob on glanza's with there age?
And for people out there my glanza box whines a little in reverse too just like somhairle said