Gearbox shifitng help

terccraz05

Member +
Okay guys I need your opinions and thoughts on this new issue that has just emerged.

When I shift from 1st gear to 2nd gear transmission will only stay in first and the shifter feels like it's hitting a metal bar or something and its preventing it from going into second gear.

It only does this sometimes no matter the rpm speed. I then noticed today that it was starting to do the same thing when I shift into tird gear from second gear. Is it possible that the rubber bushings are gone and now I need to upgrade to brass or what might be causing this. It never used to happen until the other day it started doing it out of the blue.

I checked my current bushings and the are on. So what might it be? The clultch resivor is full of fluid and I am able to go through the gears fine. So what causes this?

finx

Member +
sounds clutch related

how far down in the disengagement point?
how much free play is there at the slave pin?

if there is zero free play try adjusting the pedal out and go from there. get back to us with what you find :)

cheers
ryan

terccraz05

Member +
sounds clutch related

if there is zero free play try adjusting the pedal out and go from there. get back to us with what you find :)

cheers
ryan

Well today I changed the clutch slave cylinder as well as changed the gear oil. I still however am getting stuck sometimes coming from 1st to second gear. Should I mess with the Master clutch cylinder next and change it out?

ryanjfo

Member +
sounds clutch related

hey ryan i think hes having the same problem as my gearbox...sounds like its doing exactly the same thing aye

terccraz05

Member +
sounds clutch related

hey ryan i think hes having the same problem as my gearbox...sounds like its doing exactly the same thing aye

I read your thread and thought the same thing. I dont understand it it's really weird. It just started happening to. One day fine. Then overnight it turned to shit lol.

Llawgoch

Member +
try bleeding the clutch again. or pump the pedal for a while before driving off . see if it makes a difference

terccraz05

Member +
try bleeding the clutch again. or pump the pedal for a while before driving off . see if it makes a difference

Nothing changed. I think that it might just be some bad syncros. I think I am going to buy the bearings and the syncros and get it done!!

terccraz05

Member +
I bought a clutch slave cylinder seems to help out. I think it's hydrualic for sure though.

I was in first going to shift into second. I pushed the clutch pedal, pulled on the stick and nothing happened, i let the clutch pedal out and there was no grab on the flywheel. The reason is because when I pushed the pedal it never released the clutch from the flywheel. Maybe Master cylinder is bad??

That my next fix will see if that fixes it.

I read your thread and thought the same thing. I dont understand it it's really weird. It just started happening to. One day fine. Then overnight it turned to shit lol.
started happening to mine and now clutch sometimes doesn't disengage with pedal flat to floor, i bled system fully and put new fluid in but no difference. I have been told by a friend who is a mechanic though that its proberbly master cylinder but i havn't had chance to do it yet but mine started to get stiff n feel like something was blocking it from me being able to select a gear usually going down the box.