**Gearbox still leaking**

Matchew

Member +
Basically let me set the scene. I brought a silver gt with a fucked box then i purchased a fully re-built box with a trd lsd fitted (not naming names yet)
had it fitted with new seals.
Got it back and it's leaking worse than before spoke to garage who are a bunch of wankers!! Got it in the air myself and its pissing out of the o/s d/shaft seal.
Rang up the garage there words were "we know how to change d/shaft seals if you want to get another seal we'll fit it for you or there might be play in the diff"

The person who i brought it off is very respected off here do you reckon the d/shaft seal the new seal has been damaged when being put in or whats the likely hood of it being play in the diff?
Cheers in advance, rep for anyone who can shed any light on the situation

Rory

Lifer
Is the shaft sitting properly in the diff?

Could also be the spring clip on the inside of the driveshaft seal has popped off while putting the shaft back in.
Only way to know, is to pop the shaft out.

Or you could put a new one in, just to play safe.

Matchew

Member +
Dunno really seems to be.
Was thinking about getting a used one off here to be safe.
What do you reckon?
Cus as soon as its fixed its goin up for sale

Matchew

Member +
I thought that but they're complete wankers i bet they've damaged it and ive gotta pay for them to put it right.
What are the chances of there being play in the diff?

Matchew

Member +
I was gonna locate a shaft off here while its off.
The ep82 are the same as ep91 arent they?
Cus mines the ep82 with abs

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive had loads of problems with those seals before. just cheange it, but make sure its seated back far enough into the box them refit it all. should be ok then

gt-stu

Member +
its defo the seal mate,when you pull the shaft out of the box the round springy/wire type affair catches and pops out of the seal,if its been driven chances are it will be goosed,if not just pop it back into place and you will be fine.