Gearbox

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
Well since i got some time on my hands i am gona get my plan into motion and get the car running 100% before i do anymore engine upgrades. Car grinds the odd time going into 3rd gear, which i think it might be the syncro. What is the best thing to do? Am thinking of lsd, but how does this work? do i need to buy a whole gear box or does the lsd replace the inside of the original?

Decep82

Member +
Well since i got some time on my hands i am gona get my plan into motion and get the car running 100% before i do anymore engine upgrades. Car grinds the odd time going into 3rd gear, which i think it might be the syncro. What is the best thing to do? Am thinking of lsd, but how does this work? do i need to buy a whole gear box or does the lsd replace the inside of the original?

yea the lsd replaces the standard diff and also if ur puttin in the lsd i would get all the syncros done as u wil be strippin the whole box

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
^^^^as above buddy.. would be a shame not 2 do the syncro while the box is apart.. syncro's are about 30euro each from toyota.. :)