Geert Wilders refused entry to UK - Freedom of speech, anyone?

glanzanut

Lifer
em this thread could incite a riot as there is people of many religions on this site and i can see where this would head :freddy:

stuart

Member +
Seems like they were more worried about his safety, rather than banning him for the words/film he actually said/produced.

cameroon95

Member +
Still though they let that guy with the claw(name?) Abul hamza i think?

Well they let him rant for ages before they fucked him off.

gv1.3

Admin
freedom of speech went out the window a long time ago man. It terrifies those that have something to hide. Its bordering on Saddams Iraq. I honestly thought the UK would protect their right to freedom of speech but it appears they are even bending due to the pressure that is being forced on them. It is a sad day for western democracy.

Dar81

Lifer
It certainly looks that way, Dylan.

It appears that 'freedom of speech' is tolerated to a certain point but when religion is mentioned, people get very offended, threatening and/or aggressive.

If it appears that the safety of Geert Wilders was the main concern, does that not lend some legitimacy to his 'opinions' to begin with?

The official line was his opinions "would threaten community security and therefore public security". Man, what's happening to this world!