gettin poping from exhust when breaking down with gears.

shane01

Member +
recently noticed since i been doin some mods that i get poping from the exhust , only when not using accelerator, and when breaking down threw gears, normal?, i was thinkn could need spark plug change, also hit fuel cut more then once now, hoping aint done no damage.

GT_Irl

Member +
If its when your not accelerating its more likely unburnt fuel getting ignited in the exhaust, slight overfueling rather than missing.

What mods did you do? Dont hit fuel cut mate, not good for the car, turn the boost down till you get fcd/fpr or other management.

shane01

Member +
and its hittin fuel cut cause of boost creep, i gotta port the turbo tomorrow!, been on the list for ages mate, question if its unburnt fuel and i aint touched the boost, will i need some sort of fuel mangament???

GT_Irl

Member +
think the stock ecu's run slightly rich mate

x2:) Your just using a bit more fuel. Have a look at your lambda, make sure all the wires are in and everything, because the wires came out of my lambda a while back and my car started overfueling mad. Yes, get that turbo sorted...fuel cut = not good!

TURBO2010

Member +
hey shane just woundering is the poping noise comming from like under the handbrake where the exaust is or is it comming from out the back?

GT_Irl

Member +
couldnt say on where abouts definitlys futher down the exhust system tho.

Unburnt fuel mate:) Smell your exhaust after the next time you drive, should be a petrol smell if its overfueling slightly which would be causing the popping/banging;) Nothing to worry about.