getting front bumper resprayed

Lawrence

Member +
Just wondering how much people have payed to get a loose gt front bumper resprayed.

Also if theres any locals on here weres the best place to go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texx

Super Moderator
It would depend on whether the bumper is being painted the same colour or a different colour and will also depend on the colour itself. For a complete colour change including the prep, paint and materials, you'd be looking at around £150. This could vary depending on how busy the paintshop is at the time and whether they have any 'left over' paint in the correct colour. If the paintshop is busy, booth and oven time will be at premium so they will likely charge more, likewise if they're struggling for work or someone there is willing to do the job on the side it'll probably be less.

SupaStu

Member +
I pay for the paint separately then the spray job, its only a local lad who has his own business, not a large company who charge more, ie city prices.

SupaStu

Member +
The paint is the most expensive part of the job.

It is fairly expensive depending on the mix, I bought Lexus Mercury Grey for my wheels and it was about £45 a litre. He said it had a special mix/blend etc hence the price.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
I just did my bumper this weekend, my old man is a spray painter.......I did all the prep work and he sprayed it for me, cost me the paint only....probably 10quid max and its top quality 2pac 040 white :)

DSCF3582.jpg

:)

dac69er

Super Moderator
You painting the black plastic grille bits next to the foglights makes me cry :(

As for sprayers in suffolk£ if you find a good one let me know. If you want a cheap job there is a bloke near me who is the bargain basement of sprayers. Its good for the money

Lawrence

Member +
whats the name of his place mate also painting them black bits is good idea might do that my self as they have discoloured.

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
oh well coded or not, thats how I like it so thats how it got sprayed LOL! I guess its better than cuttting it our for silver mesh boyracer styleee ;)