getting new laptop. what do you think?

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Hi guys,

maybe there are some of you out there that know more on computers then me.

im looking to get this HP G72-120SD LINK

what do you think about specs? most use from me would be, internet browsing, a bit of gaming, DVD's gcard looks not bad to me? also what about the cpu? the new i3.. any good?

pig666eon

Member +
well it has good spec hdd and ram can be upgraded so i would be going on that

the graphics card is good im running the same on my vaio and well able to handle big games i played far cry 2 on it with no problems

the i3 processor is pretty new and not alot of reviews but it has some good ones so i cant see any problem there

dvd drive is well able to handle anything you can throw at it pitty it doent have bluray but i suppose you can live with that

its a nice machine i would recommend the hp/compaq computer to any one they are a great machine and very durable i only ever have problems with the vaio cant wait for it to break so i have a excuse to go back to owning a hp/compaq

if the money is right man i think this is a very nice computer and somewhat future proof

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
well it has good spec hdd and ram can be upgraded so i would be going on that

the graphics card is good im running the same on my vaio and well able to handle big games i played far cry 2 on it with no problems

the i3 processor is pretty new and not alot of reviews but it has some good ones so i cant see any problem there

dvd drive is well able to handle anything you can throw at it pitty it doent have bluray but i suppose you can live with that

its a nice machine i would recommend the hp/compaq computer to any one they are a great machine and very durable i only ever have problems with the vaio cant wait for it to break so i have a excuse to go back to owning a hp/compaq

if the money is right man i think this is a very nice computer and somewhat future proof

i dont need a blueray so a normal dvd drive will be good!

most things i was looking into where

HDMI output
good Gcard
Good proccesor
Big led screen.

but as you said.. cant find any good revies on the i3.. not even on this model of hp.. maybe cos its a new model?

pig666eon

Member +
yeah its new so id say no reviews but the specs are there so i cant see it being terrible

nice machine looks nice and i think it will do you very nice :)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
cheers for your input. gona cost 730euros.

could have gone in new wheels or new kit or pistons and rods... but oh well :(

sanchez

Member +
Dont know too much about computers tbh but i have a macbook pro and i cant fault it, best £1000 i have ever spent lol

ktl

Member +
sanches im looking at the 13" macbook pro spring edition 2010... it looks amazing but is it really worth £850 ??

the new processors seem a good job i have a toshiba satellite its the i5 which is the next step up from the i3 would recommend it to anyone suits me well for autoCAd aswell :)

sanchez

Member +
sanches im looking at the 13" macbook pro spring edition 2010... it looks amazing but is it really worth £850 ??

Got a link mate?

Mines a year old nearly but still runs the same as the day i bought it.
I paid just under £1000 for mine, and im glad i did, such a good bit of kit!

sanchez

Member +
Yep thats the one i have mate, nice saving on amazon :rockon:
Bit weird going from windows to mac, but i love it now!

ktl

Member +
canyou transfer files off the pc to the macbook ?as i got shitloads of photos/music on this pc.

via network ?