Ghey H.I.Ds

Duff

Member +
Hey guys,

My H.I.Ds have started playing up today, they keep flicking on and off even when the engine is turned off..I checked all the connections and they are all as they were when they were working normally. I've had to disconnect them from the battery now when the cars off..anyone ever had this problem or any ideas?

Cheers.

cole

Member +
i read this before on here a while ago
the guy ended up binning them !

maybe yours are still under garentee ?

Dave.

Member +
Its obviously something electrical (no jokes!) so it'll be impossible to diagnose over the internet. It could literally be anything, but I'd bet on a faulty relay, somewhere along the lines, specifically within the wiring of the H.I.D's. I wouldn't waste time checking the car's Toyota wiring (the stuff it had from the factory).

You really need to take it to an auto electrician if it wasn't any of the obvious things (that you've checked)...

I doubt anyone will be anymore help (without guessing at each part of the H.I.D kit in turn, until one is faulty, or you remove them)

:(

Dave

Duff

Member +
Thanks guys. I reckon ill just end up binning them as im an electrician myself albeit not an auto-electrician but the wiring on them is very basic and the more I think about it the more I really couldnt be arsed going through every inch of the wire just to find the fault. :p

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I was driving home one night at 12am and they failed everything Dims and Hi's it scaired the shite out of me. best off not taking a chance and switching to halogen for the time being till you can diaganose the problem

Duff

Member +
I was driving home one night at 12am and they failed everything Dims and Hi's it scaired the shite out of me. best off not taking a chance and switching to halogen for the time being till you can diaganose the problem

Say so frankie, id poop myself too..to be honest i thnk ill just bin them, they were only a cheap ebay jobbie anyway..:shoot:

Elaine

Lifer
What kit do you have???

Mine flickered when they were first fitted.. but that’s because Lewis thought he would see how fast he could make his hair stand on end.

Have you checked the little contactors inside?? They may have over heated and fused themselves??

Nwimie

Member +
i bet its a problem with the ballasts thats usually where the problem is on HID's ive had to replace a ballast myself.

good luck.

Duff

Member +
thats u allright rite cheap ass:p:p.lol
Atleas mine were legal!!:p haha!!

checked the ballasts aswell they looked fine, no marks or dmamage or loose connections, ill keep them anyway and take a look at the over the weekend..In the meantime I refitted my halogen headlights and for some reason one the the headlights wont light up properly. Its really dim, it getting power cus its lighting up but not half as much as the other headlight..ideas??

oh and thanks for all the replies..:cool: