gizzmo boost controller

Ben89

Lifer
enright82 off of here has been running one for over a year now and everytime if been out in his car its held boost really well, to be fair its on a ct9 so its not the biggest of turbos.

ktl

Member +
I have a hybrid so i need a boost controller to hold to redline :p

Its just i cant find another BC at around £200.

Ben89

Lifer
tbh mate i dont think theres oing to be alot of difference between a standerd ct9 and a hybrid ct9 in terms of the boost controllers efficency, i know that gizzmo is popular with the evo boys so im sure it wioll control a hybrid fine.

scot-ish

Member +
i heard the gizzmo is very harsh, because it holds boost right to the redline, as some other let a little off near the redline, very easy to install, and setup, i have one in the post

ktl

Member +
tbh mate i dont think theres oing to be alot of difference between a standerd ct9 and a hybrid ct9 in terms of the boost controllers efficency, i know that gizzmo is popular with the evo boys so im sure it wioll control a hybrid fine.

its not that. my power band is 4k to 7k. where as the old ct9 was 3k then tails off at 5.5k

so need a strong controller to hold it to redline!!

I'm gonna purchase one now then. thanks!!

ktl

Member +
i heard the gizzmo is very harsh, because it holds boost right to the redline, as some other let a little off near the redline, very easy to install, and setup, i have one in the post

thats good as my hybrid is strong from 4k to 7k it just tails off and doesnt hold at the moment.

Will order the ms-ibc now

scot-ish

Member +
harsh??:homer:

Phil

yup, as in "harsh" some controllers boost drops off slightly, right near the redline, where'as this doesnt, which can be seen either as a good thing, or a bad thing, means you will be pushing the turbo all the way, but also means you will get the most out of it.

Phil

Super Moderator
yup, as in "harsh" some controllers boost drops off slightly, right near the redline, where'as this doesnt, which can be seen either as a good thing, or a bad thing, means you will be pushing the turbo all the way, but also means you will get the most out of it.

the idea of a electronic boost controller, is to give you greater control over boost.

how it behaves, ideally you want it in as soon as possible but depending how much gain you use you will lose a few psi topend.

offset on hks boost controllers works with a similar principle as gain, if you try really hard to get the boost in as early as possible, you will loose a tad topend, this trade off should be matched to the engine and turbo, for example a ct9 really doesnt gain much from a ebc, as it boost really early and naturely tails off up top, best you'll manage is a wee tad topend.

with uprated cams you will want less gain with a ct9 to help with boost up top now that the engine is enjoying(making power) right up to the redline.

imo

Phil

Last edited:

scot-ish

Member +
;GTdan said:
there supposed to be an aggresive controller on the turbo - majority of boost controllers high up the rev range will drop a few psi, but with the gizzmo its always pushing the turbo to keep it at the set limit.

this is fine on some turbos that can keep the high level of boost till red line, but some turbos arent designed for this.

this is from a thread in the TM developments traders section, when dave advertised that he would be selling gizzmo products

:freddy: