Glanza auto box to manual

lukep

Member +
Easy! You need gearbox, gearbox bolts, flywheel, flywheel bolts, clutch and bolts, selector, selector cables. All plastics are the same. and to start it just short out the two large center pins on the plug that goes in the gear bo plus there's other little things like the ignition barrel. If you go on to UKSC and look at my build thread same user name I have the convertion all pictures and explained

lukep

Member +
you could do iy in a day easy. the hardest part was drilling the bulk head for the master cylinder to go in and even that was easy.

oh yeh you need a master and slave cylinder to plus the pipe witch goes between.

it will run fine with the auto ecu you will just have a few light flashing on the dash you can do one of two things......

replace the auto ecu with a manual ecu (but you will need to link the 5v from the map sensor to the Trottle body)

or take the auto bulbs out of the dash.

lukep

Member +
If you get someone that's breaking a GT/Glanza your prob looking at a few hundred quid max for all the bits. I went all out a sorced a 6speed out of a corolla g6 which made it a bit more expensive but it was well worth it.

Paul_JJ

Member +
If you get someone that's breaking a GT/Glanza your prob looking at a few hundred quid max for all the bits. I went all out a sorced a 6speed out of a corolla g6 which made it a bit more expensive but it was well worth it.

I've heard this 6 speed gearboxes are not very reliable. Are they LSD? ALso what RPM have you got in 6th gear at 60 mph?

lukep

Member +
6th is the same as 5th in the 5speed at 60mph you just get there quicker. it takes load off the engine the only reason why my 6speed broke was because the end of the drive shaft broke off into the box an chewed up the plannet gears. also 1st gear is so short its kind of pointless 3rd is where the 6speed shines.

Paul_JJ

Member +
6th is the same as 5th in the 5speed at 60mph you just get there quicker. it takes load off the engine the only reason why my 6speed broke was because the end of the drive shaft broke off into the box an chewed up the plannet gears. also 1st gear is so short its kind of pointless 3rd is where the 6speed shines.

If it's the same as 5th at 60mph, then I personally don't see any point putting 6 speed gearbox.

lukep

Member +
Every one says that but until you realise it not about what revs the car is doing at 60mph it's about the gears before and the final drive.