Glanza bad fuel economy

Breno58

Member +
I noticed over the past few days my glanza has gone awful bad on juice, i filled it up on saturday and only managed 400kms to a full tank when i usually can manage closer to 600kms,

I just pulled the codes and it flashed up 34 which is map sensor if im not mistaken? the thing is the car is driving 100% and boosting perfect, any ideas?

Paul_JJ

Member +
I noticed over the past few days my glanza has gone awful bad on juice, i filled it up on saturday and only managed 400kms to a full tank when i usually can manage closer to 600kms,

I just pulled the codes and it flashed up 34 which is map sensor if im not mistaken? the thing is the car is driving 100% and boosting perfect, any ideas?

Well code 34 is the Excessive Boost Pressure, I had this code when I had the problem with my manifold - and yes the MPG will drop a lot because of the Manifold as well! So you should check it.

Also have you relocated your Air Filter or not?

Breno58

Member +
Well code 34 is the Excessive Boost Pressure, I had this code when I had the problem with my manifold - and yes the MPG will drop a lot because of the Manifold as well! So you should check it.

Also have you relocated your Air Filter or not?

I checked through a thread on ecu fault codes and it mentioned something about map sensor for code 34? unless that's for the gt maybe?
Anyway the thing is the car boosts perfect to 0.8 bar everytime no creep whatsoever but you think the mani could be damaged?

I haven't relocated the air filter, it's still in the original location.

rosso321

Member +
First off all 600k wow what's your mods and compression I only manged 590 k once long trip normal 500k plus . My mani has a crack so im only getting 400 k worth a check mate.

marty

Member +
My car's the same..very hard on juice these days because of two small cracks in the exhaust manifold. I'm porting the stock one now to put back on and hopefully that solves it..even if there's no crack the exhaust gases could be blowing out between manifold and head? Had this problem too due to a faulty gasket.

Breno58

Member +
Thanks for the replys lads, i just reset the battery and the codes are now all clear :)

I will check the manifold the weekend and see if it has any cracks but i cant hear any blowing around the head.

@Rosso - I usually always manage around 600kms to a tank but i dont drive flat out all the time, i do a fair bit of motorway driving also.
Mods are apexi cat back and induction kit and an rx7 topmount

rosso321

Member +
Jesus same as me man I granny drive haha. Be sure to have a good look for cracks and even at the joints hope you sort it soon man.

marty

Member +
Easier to see a leak than hear it with the engine running..a wee spray bottle with water in it should do the trick. Spray round suspected area and have a look..used to do it with buckets of water and bike inner tubes :haha:

Hope you get it sussed

Breno58

Member +
Thanks lads, ill have a look at the manifold on saturday and i kinda hope i find a crack now so i can finally get around to getting an uprated one and stop putting it off :haha: