Glanza clutch to G6 gearbox and other questions

aubreygil

Member +
Swapping my 1.3 G6 box onto the 4efte engine as I've been informed it will hold up. I'm not looking for mad power or going to be dragging the arse out of it daily .
Would I be right in saying the glanza clutch should be used here to mate to the turbo flywheel?
The turbo mani is cracked... During replacement I couldn't remove the 4 studs between the Mani and turbo, has anyone a part number for them? Need replacing anyways as nuts look rounded.
Thanks in advance

aubreygil

Member +
Would anyone have a link or part number for a decent turbo clutch? Nothing special. I'm only running a hybrid ct9

Would anyone have a link or part number for a decent turbo clutch? Nothing special. I'm only running a hybrid ct9

if you're going to keep it relatively simple, then i'd suggest an uprated/performance/sports organic sprung clutch and an uprated/performance/sports pressure plate...basically the stage just above the stock turbo set up....you may be able to get away with running a heavy duty pressure plate here as well (depending on the specifications and the feeling you're after)

3/4/6 puck sprung clutches and heavy duty/extreme pressure plates will probably be juddery and not very traffic friendly--this may be tolerable for some people, but i'd not recommend it for your set up.

and you can forget about unsprung/solid clutches and ultra heavy duty/maximum extreme/full race pressure plates if you value any decent form of daily drivability