Glanza has gone.. Next project arrived!

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Well my Glanza sold just over a week back and I now have its replacement! After reading a fair few threads on here about folks going from EP's to Honda power and never having had one previously I wanted to give one a go! Although I really wanted a DC5 or S2000 I was not 100% sure I would like the lack of turbo power so didnt want to make such a big investment and end up regretting it 6 months down the line. So I went and found a DC2 Integra Type R. Its a late 97 JDM version with some 98 spec parts. I liked the fact it was Milano Red which is quite rare for JDM 'tegs and has had a recent respray due to going pink in Japan so looks nice and fresh. Only put about 100 miles in it so far but as others have said its totally different to my TD04 Glanza with far less torque but revs to silly rpm and although feels a lot slower in real terms Im not sure its that much slower tbh! Handles much better even though its standard at the moment. I do have a set of BC's on order though to lower the ride height. Only other mods are a cat back exhaust and K&N drop in filter. Im going to remove the air con and get a good manifold on there and see how I get on with her. Anyway here she is :-

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0004.jpg

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0006.jpg

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0014.jpg

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0017.jpg

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0009.jpg

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0012.jpg

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0018.jpg

2009_0410GlanzaTesco0011.jpg

Mike

Sparky

Member +
Stunning mate do like the Import tegs tbh wouldnt mind one next :)

Plans sound good they look awsome lowered ;)

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Cheers guys. Its going to take some getting used to after the Glanza but Im going to enjoy driving it without having all the worries a highly tuned turbo car can bring, I think the Glanza got a bit too extreme in its performance and resulted in a lack of day to day usability.

addz

Member +
Not usually a fan of red cars, but red tegs - fooking sexy!

Loving it mate! JDM integra for the win:)

A mates brother had one in black, was a UKDM sitting on stilts, the way it handled oh my.

Best of luck and i'm sure you'll enjoy it:)

durmz

Member +
i did see the glanza on piston heads as it goes, wondered what was going on, did look savage on the ad, also i know its not in the feedback section but ordered some oil and a blitz filter on wednesday night and was here friday morning so thanks alot! wernt expecting that.

im liking red cars lately and that looks pretty sweet, hope the new project goes well!

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Addz - cheers fella

durmz - thanks for the comments. Very sad to see the Glanza go but I kinda felt like I had come to the end of the project with her. No worries on your order. Always get stuff out to folks as soon as I can matey!

Mike

sanchez

Member +
Looks nice mate, i was going to get a teg type-r when i lost faith in the GT :(
Like the rarer red too:rockon:

I think you will love the ride comfort and handling but miss the power of the V.

Gee

Member +
Nice car you got there.

Once you really learn how to get the best from this car and engine...going for blasts on the twisties, you'll understand how 'fast' the car really is.

Liam_D

Member +
You sold the Glanza for that!!!!! Lol not really mate, looks lush especially in red.

When will i get a looky mate??

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
Nice car you got there.

Once you really learn how to get the best from this car and engine...going for blasts on the twisties, you'll understand how 'fast' the car really is.

Never met you in person mate but its your thread that mainly made me go for a Type R! I must have read it 3 times from start to finish. I know what your saying bud, looking forward to learning how to get the best out of it. Got to overcome my instinctive mechanically sympathetic driving style to find the power band in this thing!

Liam - wasnt sure you'd approve mate hence gave you no warning! Perhaps meet up at mfn before it finishes mate? Or are you going to organise a meet soon?

Mike

Rory

Lifer
Looking awsome buddy!

At last an owner who doesnt put a stupid induction kit on a B-sieries motor! Result.

Health and enjoy.

whiteglanzav

Member +
at looks beaut mate - shame i dint get a chance to see it earlia maybe you can take me for a spin wen i cum 2 get my car - (btw twas a ryt trek on the train back to mine )

Gee

Member +
Never met you in person mate but its your thread that mainly made me go for a Type R! I must have read it 3 times from start to finish. I know what your saying bud, looking forward to learning how to get the best out of it. Got to overcome my instinctive mechanically sympathetic driving style to find the power band in this thing!

Liam - wasnt sure you'd approve mate hence gave you no warning! Perhaps meet up at mfn before it finishes mate? Or are you going to organise a meet soon?

Mike

Haha, cool.

My Starlet would of ripped my Civic a new hole...in a straight line, but everywhere else the Civic wins. It's a better complete package, in my opinion of course.

Might be getting a DC5, test drove one the other week. Not as fast as my B18C Civic and not as raw..but its mostly motorway driving anyway, so 6 gears will be nice.

With a few bolt on's and a map on a K-Pro, you can see 260hp so should be cool with a few tweaks ;)