glanza head cracked

emilio

Fresh Recruit
hi i brought my glanza v to a mecanic,to change the head gasket,and he told me that the head has a huge crack in it.need to replace with a new one.can u"s please help me what head to fit?will cynos fit?or what,as the glanza head is hard to find,or the standard starlet fit?

scuse my bad spellings:)

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
a glanza head or a gt-turbo head will do just fine mate, just make sure you get it skimmed & a nice new headgasket & headbolts are used. The one off the cynos isnt the same, the ports are slightly thinner so its not the best of ideas to do mate.

Kon

durmz

Member +
just so ure aware, the cheapest option would be to have ures fixed, i have the exact same problem, mines cracked all the way through and is blowing like a tractor, the head needs to come off and be repaired. the quote i got for the repair alone is 50 quid, which is cheaper than buying a new head in most cases, and ule have to get the head on and off anyways so that cost is irrelivant

emilio

Fresh Recruit
thanks lads..!!!huge help,as i know little about glanzas,but im trying hard:Di found a glanza head on ,gumtree,for 50euro,the mecanic is fitting a head gasket hes buying it for 40euro or some thing like that,is that right??40euro gasket wount last long will it?i love glanzas so cheap to fix,and so fun to drive:)love toyota all the way to the moon and back:))

emilio

Fresh Recruit
i want little more ponys under that little hood.its stock now,thinking about a front mount intercooler.does it make a huge difference?any hp in a front mount??i have a tdo4 turbo with acctuator and all.but heard its a hard job to fit:(