glanza lsd and standard drive shafts? knockin...

shane01

Member +
My glanza come with lsd and when i done an engine swap i used the starlets n/a driveshafts and i done abit of research and it says the shafts shorter on the lsd version?,

would i be right in thinkin this is an issue!?

and do some ep91 come lsd factory?

dac69er

Super Moderator
is it a standard lsd box or is it a normal non lsd box with an aftermarket diff fitted in it?

pig666eon

Member +
if its oem then yeah you need the shorter shaft and the rear gearbox mount

if its a aftermarket one then you can use the standard drives

you can tell the oem lsd box from what you have and some pics of some standard ones to see what one you have

corofin12345

Member +
ya all aftermarket lsd's go inside the stock box, cusco, kazz etc.. the oem lsd is on the outside of the box on drivers side.. what knocking you getting, when turning? driving?

shane01

Member +
ya all aftermarket lsd's go inside the stock box, cusco, kazz etc.. the oem lsd is on the outside of the box on drivers side.. what knocking you getting, when turning? driving?
turnin and pullin away mostly when pullin away and after a gear change its like a knock feels like the drive shaft not sat in right.

pig666eon

Member +
yeah you can buy aftermarket diffs and put them into your standard gearbox and you have a choice of which one you want

with the oem one its a pain to get parts for esp with that rear gearbox mount the only place to get it is toyota and it costs a fortune

both options have great reviews dude so whatever you have is a good way to go

but be carefull if the the oem one as said its usless without the short drive and rear gearbox mount

pig666eon

Member +
i was told if the correct oil wasnt used in the box there would be clunking what oil you have in it? i dont know much about them but maybe someone here could steer you right if you didnt know