glanza V sputtering

tip

Member +
hi all, my friend has a glanza V and came to me today cause the car is sputtering when you mash the pedal and also kinda misfires on idle.
it is full stock, with a/t gearbox.
i checked for codes but got nothing...
he bought a new set of sparkplugs i gapped and changed them but didn't change.
i don't have a timing light but bridged the e1 and te1 terminals form the diagnostic box turned the ignition to see if the idle changes and it did...
so i turned it a little till it didn't misfire on idle drove the car and it was good.
my friend wanted a little more boost so i bypassed the boost solenoid we went to take a drive but then the car began to sputter again(fuel cut) i changed it back and was fine.

what's weird is after i was done my friend went home and told me that the car misfires again but sometimes...
can anyone help?

tip

Member +
i'm not sure about the video...
speaking about rain...., he did wash the engine before it started doing it...
but i removed sparkplug cables and dried them, removed the distributer cap cleaned it.

do you know what the problem could be?

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your just guessing with the timing then it could be miles out. you really need to set it correctly with a timing light.

what condition are the leads, distributor cap and rotor arm in?

washing the engine causes more problems than it solves 99% of the time. you need to unplug and dry everything electrical.

Paul_JJ

Member +
i'm not sure about the video...
speaking about rain...., he did wash the engine before it started doing it...
but i removed sparkplug cables and dried them, removed the distributer cap cleaned it.

do you know what the problem could be?

Looks like we found your problem. You need to try and replace Spark Plugs, Leads, Dizzy Cap, Rotor Arm - one by one and eventually the misfire will disappear in my case it was the dizzy cap -)

Topher-EP82

Member +
sounds like the leads TBH i had the same problem. changed the leads and all was ok again :D

so much so with the new leads the car made almost 65 Bhp more..

tip

Member +
ok thanks guys i'll tell him to do these things.
the leads are old i think cause he just bought the car 2 days ago and washed the engine etc...