Got my car set up, today at TDI thurrock

danturbo4311

Member +
As said in the title i took my car to TDI thurrock and had it dyno'd, my set up includes:
Cylinders bored & horned, Wiseco 74.5mm pistons
Oversized rings
Scat con rods
Crank reground New bearings, thrust washers
Also lightened & balanced
Block & head skimmed
Valves reseated, lapped in
Ported and polished head
Head reshimmed cams cleaned up & checked
All New seals, pumps & belts
Polished rocker cover TRD oil cap, Polished intake manifold
Speedvision ct9 Manifold
WEPR sidewinder exhasut (turbo back)
Civic dual core rad
Apexi air filter off the turbo
FMIC
Air con removed
TRD engine mounts
CAP paddle clutch
Sard FPR
HKS fcd
HDi Earthing kit
Walbro fuel pump
HKS actuator
Oil catch can
Apexi SAFC 2 with extension harness
Uprated Magnecor Leads
NGK Plugs (heat range 8)
Window tints
Tinted lenses
Glow badge GT tailgate
Deep dish wheels
RSR springs
KYB shocks
Oil pressure gauge
Oil temp gauge
Coolant temp gauge
Boost gauge

I had my SAFC 2 set up along with my HKS FCD and Sard FPR, i managed 145.5 hp @ the wheels @5850rpm, my torque was 134.5 @5380 rpm. (will post up graph soon) I am only running just under a bar of boost on the standard CT9, couldnt believe how much of a difference it makes when we slightly advanced the ignition timing via distributor and it made an extra 10HP, however didnt go to far as it was causing det. Not sure if the result on paper justifies how much power its got considering what iv done, but it does go very well on the road now so iam not to fussed:drive: what do you guys & girls think?

Chris@CCM

Member +
tbh dude its not all that gr8 for the work done u need to get a big turbo on there to get some real power from it as ur motor car take a lota boost now . i made 157.5atws at 1 bar on a stock engine with 150k kms on it . also u have to keep in mind ur engine is low comp now so it will make a bit less power at the seam boost as a stock engine

danturbo4311

Member +
Yea thought it was low i am gonna get a bigger turbo not 100% on which one yet, only reason i got it set up was because i kept hitting fuel cut and wanted to makesure everything was good, my next thing is definetly a bigger turbo maybe a hybird not sure yet

dac69er

Super Moderator
with the advanced ignition timing the way its been done off the distributor you knock the overall torque off the top end. you gain lower down torque and better spool up though so its a trade off when you do it like that.

Chris@CCM

Member +
if i just built a forged engine i would be fitting a wepr td04 kit with ex w/g even at 1.1 bar they make v good power around 250 hp and there pritty low lag

danturbo4311

Member +
Yea iv definetly noticed with the spool up time, not to bothered about top end as much, it was an experience today seeing it on there, i was just so happy it didnt blow up lol (ive had some bad times recently with the bloody thing, but stuck at it) once iv paid off the rest of the money i burrowed for forging the engine i will be buying a better turbo and see what it makes then :rockon: