Got to Downsize...Opinions please!!

Jules-B

Member +
Hi all

As some may know im selling my glanza. My plans were to get a supra or something, but as insurance will be a bit hard im going to wait a year.
The other part is that ive just bought a house!, so need something with better MPG. But something a bit more luxurious.
so far my list is this

Lexus Is200
Audi a4 S line.
Golf TDI
New shape Celica t sport 190

Any other suggestions, or anyone onwed one of the above?
Jules

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Corolla T-Sport? Personally, if I had your Brother, I'd get a cheap MR2/GT4 and put the rest of the money in the bank towards the Supra...

Adam_Glanza

Member +
cant rle go wrong with golf tdi's

there fairly nippy and give good mpg return i believe, fairly reliable also apart from the usual sensor problems

robbo

Member +
depending on the useage for the car i'd say stick with the glanza and save for a year-the MPG is good and there's hardly any weight to shift round in it.if your looking to have one off the list the only one i'd entertain is the golf . Audi- massive weight,lexus worst MPG ever and although i like the celica the golf will be better for mpg and comfort-wasn't a fan of the driving position in the celica but i am a shortarse so that could explain it

Glanza_cl

Member +
you fanny lol, just keep the v for another year rather then buy another car then insurance wont be so bad, plus you can save more and get an awesomely fast car.

got some neat new bits on my car so will give you a bell at some point to have a little meet again?

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
Have a look at a Skoda fabia VRS. They go really well with a map, and are gp 9 insurance and 50mpg.
I prefer them to a golf.:)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
skoda fabia vrs is just a golf tdi in disguise mate, exactly the same just different outer shells

but yes cheaper also! your just paying for the name badge on the golf

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
To be honest mate, running cost wise your not going to get much to rival the starlet. if your looking for MPG i'd be looking at Oil Burners

I_<3_Boost

Member +
One of my friends has got a golf TDi and he's had it remapped and for a diesel its nippy! if i was gonna buy something for mpg id go vw, You cant really go wrong, there fairly reliable good mpg, and with a remap, offski in a puff of smoke lol

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Personally, I wouldn't buy Audi or VW, I'd go Skoda or Leon as they're basically the same, but don't carry the price tag. As I'm bored, I had a quick look around, and came up with something that fits the bill perfectly (well, IMO anyway!):

Clicky!

Can be fast or frugal, has some nice extra's, and won't really depreciate too much further.

Glanza D

Member +
skoda fabia vrs
i know its a golf same pd130 engine but a mate of mine has one mapped to about 185bhp and about 350 ft/lb its mint

only thing is skoda is miles prettyer

Mikey Jay

Member +
Not as luxurious as the cars you mentioned, and off topic from other suggestions, but what about a Paseo??

Cheap to buy (can get good ones for under £1500) and cheap to insure, tax, run (35-45mpg or so depending on driving style) and can swap some parts over from your Glanza if wanted to (bits like suspension, wheels etc)

Jules-B

Member +
Hmm
Good choices people!. Mark thanks for the link to the seat. Looks rather good.
Only problems with some suggestions is the mpg. The MR2 is the top of my list, and with the starlet, the MPG is not amazing..the best ive got from the starlet is 170 miles to a full tank, and the mr2 burns petrol for fun!.

Listen to me..sound like an old man!.
Parkers say the lexus does about 29 mpg..not tooo bad eh?

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Nice, solid, well built car, sounded gorgeous, and handled very, very well. Just make sure the syncro in the gearbox has been replaced, as it's the only consistent fault and is expensive to replace (gearbox out job). If you test drive one, take to the max in 2nd, and if it crunches going into 3rd, walk away... Finding a good one is also a bit of a job too.

After-Glanza

Member +
I would recommend similar cars to the above. ie a fabia vrs 130 or a bora or a golf or a toledo which is what i have. I previously had a 130 bora that was mapped and it went well with decent mpg but currently i have a 110bhp toledo that is mapped and its lighter with very similar performance and can average over 50mpg even with a relatively heavy right foot sometimes. can be picked up for cheap enough with decent miles nowadays and mines still pretty comfy even though its lowered on 19's :)