grinding noise

tf-21

Fresh Recruit
i have a loud grinding noise i can hear up to 3k revs which is probably always there but after that i am unable to hear it because of the exhaust it sounds like the gearbox to me but seems to go into gear fine and no crunches any ideas what this could be?

Spoonz

Member +
release bearing maybe mine has just done this and now its completely shot maybe get a clip up

tf-21

Fresh Recruit
see thats what i thought it was but had a new clutch kit with release bearing put in about 3 weeks ago and its exactly the same

Spoonz

Member +
umm very strange then maybe put it in the air and spin wheels to see if its brakes or summut along those lines if not then maybe start looking at the gearbox

tf-21

Fresh Recruit
any ideas what it could be in the box making the noise? when im driving slow the noise is there loud but put it into neutral whilst rolling and it disappears this is why i think its the box

tf-21

Fresh Recruit
yeh could be would that effect gear changing in anyway as it seems to change fine just the grinding is so irritating any idea if would be easier to buy a 2nd hand box and put it in or rebuild the one on there