Gt Quad HID users

jonny-boi32

Member +
could you's post some pics of where u mounted the ballasts?? mine arrived today and not to sure where to mount them especially driver side. rep will be added. cheers, jonny.

Ben89

Lifer
i can post up a photo but it wont be until a bit later mate, i fixed the bracket to the to of the suspension turrit where the shock bolts are, the wires just reack it and its in a cooler part of the engine bay hope that heps until someone/me posts pic up mate.

jonny-boi32

Member +
i can post up a photo but it wont be until a bit later mate, i fixed the bracket to the to of the suspension turrit where the shock bolts are, the wires just reack it and its in a cooler part of the engine bay hope that heps until someone/me posts pic up mate.

cheers dude. 8ks are awesome. looks pure shit tho when i put on with full beam, pure orange.lol so have to get new side lights and high beam bulbs.

Aidan-G

Member +
i had 8k's dipped hid's before...i soon got sick of them cause switching between the dips/fulls my eyes couldnt get used to it!

jonny-boi32

Member +
ive got mine fitted now and too be honest arent that impressive. thot maybe the headlights needed set, so took them to get set tonite and they were spot on. and he even commented that they werent that bright. anyone have any idea why this could be??

ashygt

Member +
not got a picture mate.but if you take the front bumper off i zip tied mine inside the chassis leg cause there are a few holes there anyway nice and secure aswel.

stu.

could you's post some pics of where u mounted the ballasts?? mine arrived today and not to sure where to mount them especially driver side. rep will be added. cheers, jonny.

jonny-boi32

Member +
not got a picture mate.but if you take the front bumper off i zip tied mine inside the chassis leg cause there are a few holes there anyway nice and secure aswel.

stu.

ive already got that sorted, just trying to figure out why they arent as bright as they should be.

Lidders

Member +
They need 10 Hours use then you should see the difference abit more. mine are 4k piaa ones white as.... Hope this helps

starlet666

Member +
in saying that if u go higher than 6000k u loose light output... yes they are blue and bright but u dont get much light thrown up the road and they are crap..... ideal colour temp is 6400k

jonny-boi32

Member +
in saying that if u go higher than 6000k u loose light output... yes they are blue and bright but u dont get much light thrown up the road and they are crap..... ideal colour temp is 6400k

ben89 has the same ones and he says his are brill and people flash at him thinking he has full beam on, mine are no better than standard.

Ben89

Lifer
lol beleive me there fucking bright, just had a thought aswell when i was fitting my i used the rubber '0' rings from my old bulbs due to the ones supplied on the hid bulbs being too big, myabe your bulbs arent in properly due to this?

P02-11-09_1940.jpg

jonny-boi32

Member +
lol beleive me there fucking bright, just had a thought aswell when i was fitting my i used the rubber '0' rings from my old bulbs due to the ones supplied on the hid bulbs being too big, myabe your bulbs arent in properly due to this?

P02-11-09_1940.jpg

i thot they were tight to get in, but they are in so should it make a difference??