gt quicker than a glanza?

STARLET88

Member +
Am sure this question has been asked many many times before! but for the newbies to starlets whats quicker???? the gt or the glanza??

:teach:

ryan-11

Member +
theres a video somewhere showing a standard glanza beating a standard gt turbo around a track :p

adi271087

Fresh Recruit
straight line the gt would take it. but the modern glanza would take it round the track. standard of course,
once modified thers very and i mean very little init

Dan3SGTE

Member +
who the hell has a completely stock starlet anyhow lol. Once you adjust something to do with the chassis its anyones game.

And the video is with 2 completely competent drivers from Japland. Again, when is it likely to happen 2 drivers equally as good?

Put it this way there is soo little in it its not worth mentioning. They are equal cars in stock form. EP82 has slightly better acceleration due to 60KG less weight though. Again very close to call.

ryan-11

Member +
who the hell has a completely stock starlet anyhow lol. Once you adjust something to do with the chassis its anyones game.

And the video is with 2 completely competent drivers from Japland. Again, when is it likely to happen 2 drivers equally as good?

Put it this way there is soo little in it its not worth mentioning. They are equal cars in stock form. EP82 has slightly better acceleration due to 60KG less weight though. Again very close to call.

i have to agree with that :)

but the glanza still won :p:D

dantheman

Member +
straight line race there is hardly any difference, ep82 will have the slightest edge..

they are identical in terms of suspension, chassis etc as far as im aware, the glanza may have different spring rates due to the extra weight im not sure. ive driven both and find the ep82 alot more nimble and easyier to throw around bends than the glanza's.

but the glanza looks gay so ep82 everytime ;)

hardcoreep

Member +
Reposted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVoUmBkCqA

6/18/2003 THE TALE OF THE TAPE
BestMOTORing March 1996 offers some insight into the EP91. This was their first test of the EP91 as it had just debuted in Japan. It was put up against the old model EP82.

This really wasn't a direct numbers comparison for which I was hoping, but it still proved a good watch. It is amazing to see your vehicle in the hands of a professional. The Starlet GlanzaV (EP91) vs. the Starlet GT Turbo is a straight lap battle. They waste no time pushing both cars onto the circuit, though not Tsukuba, for a three-lap battle. Both cars looked to be matched but by the second lap its obvious which car has the better chassis.

The EP91 corners and brakes with impunity choosing its lines at will verses the old EP. Straight-line speed becomes a non-issue as the EP91 goes deeper into the corners and brakes later due to better balance. The EP now has the dynamics suited to its power. Unfortunately Nakaya gives his review of the car in Japanese, what else. So until I get what he said translated I really won't know his opinions, but it looks good. We've got a few more tapes to discuss and they are wild, trust me. My words don't do this stuff justice.

So hold on here at HardcoreEP…content, not hype dudes.

Last edited:

Paddy

Lifer
i have a glanza running about 170bhp, my mate has a quadlight gt with exactly the same mods, and his gt is a touch quicker, barely anything in it. personally i prefer the glanza as the intereor feels much more up to date and prefer the looks. at the end of the day which ever u go for, ur gonna end up with a cracking motor

Dan3SGTE

Member +
theres faster as said " the one in front" and there is also the "real world".

In the real world they are pretty much the same car. You would be missleading someone if you told them go and buy a glanza as you will beat GT's in them.

Were not talking ferrari vs stock fiesta, we are talking fractions faster in one video.

In another video the GT may win. Who knows.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
really depends on how healthy the engines are stock or not ,but also theres the boost restrictions in the glanza ,but from what ive seen the gt always kicks ass:):):):)

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
cant believe this is up again. all you gt owners, you got a gt just cos its easier and cheaper to insure!! and then you think you drive a mans car! hah.. you all know glanzas look better :p

and dan... yep there are somee that have a completly stock starlet. if you see pics from the last maltese meet, there is a black one first one from left that is perfectly STOCK! still with stock wheels, hi/lo, airbox and everything! i never seen a glanza that stock... lol