gt vs glanza ? not sure what to think.

shane01

Member +
other day had a little comparsion on some private road against a fellow starlet owner, but his was in the form on the classic ep82 , i thought they were lighter and faster then the ep91, mod wise the only diffrence mine had was intake reloction, and maybe uprated manifold,turbo ported. nothing serious but mine was pushin past gt even tho he had the head start.

cameroon95

Member +
other day had a little comparsion on some private road against a fellow starlet owner, but his was in the form on the classic ep82 , i thought they were lighter and faster then the ep91, mod wise the only diffrence mine had was intake reloction, and maybe uprated manifold,turbo ported. nothing serious but mine was pushin past gt even tho he had the head start.

Lots of factors come into it apart from the type of car, gear changes,tyres etc.

In standard form they are both pretty much identical to 60

Guye

Lifer
I assume that since you said these were the "differences" it means that your mate isn't using similar upgrades. Removing the restrictions caused by the stock "EFI" inlet track and manifold will make a noticable difference in preformance compared to someone using the stock components. Also by porting the turbo you effectively eliminate the boost creep issues normally caused by removing these restrictions. If your mate is still using the stock exhaust manifold and "EFI" intake pipe your car should be producing more mid-high rpm torque and power. You should be faster.

Ted

Member +
this crap always seems to come back occasionally. gt is 100 kgs lighter, a second quicker to sixty. ive owned both at various times-end of argument!:holdit:

malcolmgt

Member +
this crap always seems to come back occasionally. gt is 100 kgs lighter, a second quicker to sixty. ive owned both at various times-end of argument!:holdit:

as above.
gt is lighter.
glanza has extra blade in turbo.

end of day the car is what you make of it. your never gonna have one of each brand new with two identical drivers with same driving styles.

they are different. i just went GT as i like the look of them.

PelvisGt

Member +
GLANZ0R IS WELL FASTER THAN YOUR GT M7 !11!

Sorry I have had this conversation with a few people and they are the same, Like people have said it could be a number of factors; engine condition, tyres, the driver is a big factor here !

Guye

Lifer
GT vs Glanza
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEVoUmBkCqA

And as Guye said your car is modded more than your friends GT so is obviously quicker, end of!
As far as that video goes I always believed that was Best Motoring's promotion of the new model. Notice how early the GT driver brakes in corner entry for the first two laps and how the stock Glanza simply flew pass the GT on a very short straightaway although the first minute of the battle showed the lighter GT has slightly better corner exit acceleration even with the Glanza's higher entry speeds. On the last lap while lagging behind the "faster" Glanza, the GT driver magically improves on his previous lap time by 2+ seconds. The last lap shows the GT's driver is capable of going fast, so it wasn't a lack of skill or an inferior car. The newer model could not be allowed to lose out to the older IMO.