Gt2554r ???

Jules-B

Member +
Hi all

Im looking at building a forged engine running a GT2554r. I have been looking at the compressor map for the turbo http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee100/texx10/gt25r.jpg

and it looks like ideally looking at making around 170bhp at 0.8 Bar. I know you cant really predict lag from looking at compressor maps, but maybe some of the Malta boys might be able to tell me if it would be laggy or not?

And what kind of boost could i run on one of these tubbys

Thanks for the help

Jules

Hi,

That turbo would be wasted running it at 0.8 bar mate. Its quite a big power turbo plus ball bearing to help with spool, if you run a forged engine, it would make nice power around 1.5 bar :)

Jules-B

Member +
Thats what i was in a way trying to get at,

Im led to belive that reading the compressor map you look at the effiency in the middle of the map, so at around 0.8 bar, for it to be at most efficent id be seeing around 170 bhp...

My question is, if anyone knows of this turbo being, A) laggy on a 4e , B) what boost i could run on a forged 4e, and C) what power would i see at that much boost?

E10

Member +
1,3bar + supporting mods and a Greddy EMU ~250
1,5bar + supporting mods and a Greddy EMU 280+ HP at the fly!

This is a great charger i think its one of the best Turbos you can get for a 1,4l engine

fur

Member +
what is this rubbish???
a gt25r on a 4e spools at about 2500rpm
gt28r on a 4e spools at around 3000rpm

Phil

Super Moderator
is a Gt25r similar to a ct9 then?
i thought that the gt28 was a late boosting turbo, later than a td04l?

Phil

fur

Member +
a gt28r with a properly built manifold, 2.5" downpipe and exhaust straight through spools up around 3000rpm.

abbott

Member +
im running a GT25/30 running 1.5bar 4e 268bhp and you see full boost just before 5000rpm but when it hits there it comes in with a bang. ask gaz turbo, aze b and starlet 3sgte they have all driven it and seen how it performs

fur

Member +
it gets full boost little after 4000. i think we do things differently thus different results. that is the only explaination, cuz we hardly every agree

TurboDave

Member +
What ever comp side you use you will still have to use the .64 hot side meaning the spool between GT25 compressor trims is only going to be minimal.

Im not sure what you do over there but I would be very surprised to be seeing a GT28 even with the smallest .64ar hot side spooling by just over 4k, unless of coarse you can change the laws of physics or a running a very dangerous lean burn to get the exhaust gasses very hot down low in the revs to spool it up.

TurboDave

Member +
what turbo are you using turbodave? also when does the boost arrive?

Running a custom build hybrid CT9 1.3 bar before 2500rpm and it will hold it 1.3 bar to the limiter which gives plenty of low end torque and ample top end power :).