Gt2560 ?

FeNder

Member +
heya everyone ,

couldnt find a real solid answer ,
what would be the maximum boost a garrett gt2560 can take , and the usable psi on a built 4e , couldnt really make it out from the graph but look like 1.5bar ?

350ep70gr

Member +
heya everyone ,

couldnt find a real solid answer ,
what would be the maximum boost a garrett gt2560 can take , and the usable psi on a built 4e , couldnt really make it out from the graph but look like 1.5bar ?
post the flow map of the turbo...and someone will be able to help you reading it..;)

Chris

FeNder

Member +
466541-14comp_e.jpg

here goes , to achieve around 280~bhp i would need airflow of around 30lb/min , plotted there , against an efficient island would be a pressure ratio of around 2.6 , meaning 25psi~ for 280bhp ,
but taking a big formula into consideration , including rev limit , engine displacement and more , i need over 3 P/r , which is outta here heh

VQ'ed

Member +
I actually have a gt2560R fitted on my 4e-fte with stock pistons, i have 206whp at 12psi...with the stock injectors but mapped with a apexi neo. Good top-end full boost at 4300rpm.

5e-fhe intake manifold, 2.5inch straight exhaust, fpr at 48psi, 94 octane, 24x10x2.5 front mount intercooler, 2inch inlet alu piping, 2.5outlet alu piping (aluminum piping is colder)

Last edited:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
206 at the wheels that seems a good figure for the amount of boost your running!

VQ'ed

Member +
Taking logic out the above graphic, the turbo's optimal playground is 1.65/1.8bar. Do you know the BSFC calculation? it helped me a lot to calculate the desired hp figure with my injector size. Figure a pound of boost is "ABOUT" 9-10 FLYWHEEL HP (rule of thumb, correct me if im wrong), you will require 1.9bar to get close to your goal. Pushing the turbo near the optimal limit is what I think. it will get the air coming in the intercooler hotter. You know hot air doesnt produce hp like colder air, id take the boost pressure closer to 1.75bar then tune the hell out of it.