Gt2876

Casper

Lifer
Well Guys want to know some thing.. i am planing to put the gt2876 turbo (capable of 480bhp) charger on my built 4efte.. well just want to know can u guess or tell me that at what RPM i will get spool and on whiich rpm i will get the full boost of turbo..

thanks..

Comments Please...

Dan3SGTE

Member +
on the 4E... errrrrr NEVER looooooooooooooooooooooool

On a serious note personally i cant see it being worth it the least bit... You will loose all drivability... I cant see a 4E getting anywhere near 480HP....

Last edited:

Timmy

Member +
That turbo is too big it may well spool but you could probably achieve the same peak power with a smaller turbo no to mention having a better power range.

starlet666

Member +
i have a gt28rs and even thats a bit big
i have the .84 housing and boost sets in at 5000 pulls all the way to redline though
and i know a few people have the .64 housing and they get boost a 4400 total choice is urs

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Is that on the 4E ^^^

To be honest i would definitely go for the smaller housing as im sure that gives more then good enough power..... And does that start to spool at 5K or is it hitting Full boost by 5K?

Evo

Member +
I would say get a TD04 hybrid or similar as you should be able to get good response and probably about 350bhp. I know thats a bit low compared to 480 but it is only a 1.3/1.4 litre so you're not gunna spool anything big.

Casper

Lifer
Well Currenltly i am using the gt28rs with .64 housing...

but now after built block i am planing to ruun almost 2 baar of boost on it...

so i might taught to upgrade the turbo aswell...

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
The 2876 is a mis-match turbo apparantly, had some bad press as it suffers from surge etc, some more info on it on the gt4oc if you fancy a read...

oh and it would be a ruddy lag monster!! 1bar on a 3sgte is around 3700rpm

Casper

Lifer
on the 4E... errrrrr NEVER looooooooooooooooooooooool

On a serious note personally i cant see it being worth it the least bit... You will loose all drivability... I cant see a 4E getting anywhere near 480HP....

well drivbilty dosnt matter as it would be only race car :S
and well if not 480 then it should be some where arround 380 or 390hp

so can gt28rs can make out that much power ? round abt 380 ?

Nwimie

Member +

if you end up about 380bhp then fair play...... i would go for a smaller turbo with more drivability if its a race car then you dont want to be waiting ages for boost you want something that is faster spooling and not so torquey it rips yours balls off.

that imo anyway.

riko666

Member +
the HRF car used a GT2835 and that was a bit of a hog...

And au contraire - you don't to laggy a turbo on the track as that would make mid-corner and corner exits quite...interesting...but you do want a high end turbo as you're not going to short shift on track, you want to extend the engine as far as possible for the extra speed, be it drag strip or circuit driving...especially circuit driving, you don't want the unpredictability of boost to come on too early in a corner now do you.

Dan3SGTE

Member +

380bhp pushing it to the very extreme..... Im sure it isnt impossible....

Dan3SGTE

Member +
in my opinion that turbo is still too big for the 4e but if your happy using it its down to the individual....

I persoanlly think a TD04 starlet running some high boost(if you need the power) would be perfect round a track(circuit) Any larger then your going to have a hard time when the turbo kicks in hard and very late.....

TurboDave

Member +
I hope you have 4wd otherwise it would be more fruitfull to stuff your money down the drain. 390bhp through the front wheels of a 900kg car is an absolute joke.

starlet666

Member +
Is that on the 4E ^^^

To be honest i would definitely go for the smaller housing as im sure that gives more then good enough power..... And does that start to spool at 5K or is it hitting Full boost by 5K?

yeh mate thats on a 4e motor b4 the forged build and flowed head im yet to see what it will do with the new set up but it spools hard at like 46-4700 and then full boost 18psi at 5 grand was the way it went so it is a bit of tyre frier fun