Gt28r

PsychO

Member +
so what about GT28R... It Supports up to 350 hp. Dual ball bearings allow for higher efficiency and much faster spool up. Compressor: 60 mm, 60 Trim, 0.60 A/R. Turbine: 62 Trim, 0.64 A/R. Internally wastgated, oil cooled Turbo...

So ... what you guyz say.. one of my mate just called me that if i want this for my 4e... Kindly advice as i have to reply him soon or he will be selling it to some one else.. he said the unit is in good condition.. no smoke nothing...

Guyz just waiting for your advice...

Chris@CCM

Member +
so what about GT28R... It Supports up to 350 hp. Dual ball bearings allow for higher efficiency and much faster spool up. Compressor: 60 mm, 60 Trim, 0.60 A/R. Turbine: 62 Trim, 0.64 A/R. Internally wastgated, oil cooled Turbo...

So ... what you guyz say.. one of my mate just called me that if i want this for my 4e... Kindly advice as i have to reply him soon or he will be selling it to some one else.. he said the unit is in good condition.. no smoke nothing...

Guyz just waiting for your advice...
should be a good turbo pal allways wanted to try one

danturbo4311

Member +
I run a gt2860rs on a 4e with std head & cams at the moment & the lag is not really a problem, obviously its nothing like a ct9 lol but i dont really like that sort of turbo, when it comes on full boost I wanna no about it (which is around 4200rpm). But iv got a spare head all ported & polished with billet cams & hopefully a new intake manifold/throttle body ready to go on soon which should help to bring lag down even more. the .64ar rear housing is perfect for the 4e iv even tried a .86 rear housing on a 4e, which was to laggy for road use

PsychO

Member +
OH.. thanks god some one is using this one.. the thread was so dead i thought may b i m the only one here with this turbo..

Yes obviously i m not expecting it to spool like CT9 .. but 4200 seems quite reasonable for this ..as sifus here been telling me that it will spool around 5k ..

i m sure u are not using the std mani ...

Guyz ..still need more sugestions .. kindly share ur experiences and knowledge..

danturbo4311

Member +
5k is about right for a gt28r with a .86 rear end on a 4e, but the .64 spools up alot better, im using a WEPR manifold with external wastegate, others are using this turbo or similar on this forum, most people iv read about are running over 300hp, like danthemans old EP82 (dont no the new owner of the cars name sorry) but i think it made 340 something bhp on a gt2860 @ 1.6bar on a 4e. There not as common as the td04/05 as they cost alot more & if they go wrong being ball bearing there expensive to put right (normally cant be rebuilt) where as td04/5 etc. can be got for about £100 or so.

PsychO

Member +
ok.. so i think i'll be doing this disregarding of what ppl here are saying..
What other mods will be required??

Matty-2008

Member +
I've just got this turbo with wepr external w/g mani, downpipe and tial w/g. hope to be running about 260bhp at 1.2 bar :)