GTIR inlet mani

Matt Glanza

Member +
Be looking at the HRF ep82 and the gtir inlet im jusr wondering what would be involved in fitting one and wot parts would i need to make it work?thank

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
i think ive seen one of these inlets on a let corsa running nearly 500bhp.

AzE_B

Member +
i was guna try running them but never got round to doing it

thinking about it im guna do it

Last edited:

dantheman

Member +
its alot of pissing about to get it to fit, if you can ali weld and have some patience its definantly possible, although the one in that vid doesnt look like a gtir intake, they have used a custom made plenum chamber but the runners dont look like gtir either.

gtir intake with top half of plenum removed

sr20head_031.jpg

complete (they seperate into 3 pieces)

qrj5ms.jpg

ITBs_01.jpg

the amount of work needed to get one to fit would probably be just the same to get ITB's from a bike on there and make your own plenum, or an ITB kit for a honda B series.

OBX ones can be had really cheap.

10607-8.jpg

Last edited:

ALaN

Member +
That's right I forgot the gtir runs quad throttlebodies, now that would be a nice conversion to go along with headwork on a 4e or 5e.
I could probs make an adapter up if there is enough room between the engine and bulkhead

Last edited:

riko666

Member +
Pretty sure it'd be an SR20 throttlebody, as Dan says, its not a GTiR Manifld - and its using a stock FTE Fuel Rail

weakboy2

Member +
I have been thinking about doing this lately wierdly enough! the starlet injectors will fit into the gtir fuel rail too ;)

AzE_B

Member +
im wining some on ebay atm ill have a little mock up see what can be done and if it guna be worth the agg

what dan's looking at looks like a plan

faisalgtturbo

Member +
its important the runners are short and the inlet plenum size
is worked out before u use one on a 4e/5e

i know someone who lost power from a inlet that was too big
and the runners were too long etc....

it is precise work and lots of design work is needed.....

i think the standard assembly is good enough to see 380-400hp
lol

well i test it out soon as!!

dantheman

Member +
just thinking, the 20v silver top 4A-GE toyota levin engines have ITBs from factory... another option perhaps

2733_4mg.jpg

4age%2020v%20throttle.jpg

l_394c31e0f2f09f8067c8851322d5564a.jpg

dantheman

Member +
its important the runners are short and the inlet plenum size
is worked out before u use one on a 4e/5e

i know someone who lost power from a inlet that was too big
and the runners were too long etc....

it is precise work and lots of design work is needed.....

i think the standard assembly is good enough to see 380-400hp
lol

well i test it out soon as!!

id have to agree, you gotta think toyota didnt just plonk any sized intake plenum and runners on the 4efte without any thought or calculations :homer:

although saying that, they never designed it for anything other than the ct9.. and chances are if your looking at changing the intake design its unlikely your still running a ct9 :p

faisalgtturbo

Member +
id have to agree, you gotta think toyota didnt just plonk any sized intake plenum and runners on the 4efte without any thought or calculations :homer:

although saying that, they never designed it for anything other than the ct9.. and chances are if your looking at changing the intake design its unlikely your still running a ct9 :p

agreed lol i think a 60mm throttle body+ custom inlet design

would flow better but at what cost ...

i am sure ricky at race tech is trying out some designs

faisal