Had a crash this morning.

Nippon

Member +
Title speaks for itself.
Needless to say i am devastated. Yes i did cry. :(

Comming up to a roundabout and the fella in front of me stopped short and i ran in the back of him.

It was a local council flatbed truck with a dirty great tow bar on the back.

Bumper is ruined. Bonnet it ruined. Lights are broken.
Thats what i have noticed so far. Cant bring myself to look at it properly atm really.

Cant claim on insurance as i ran in the back of him so its my fault really.
Never had a crash thats been my fault before.

I'll post some pics of the damage when i get home.
I'll be posting a thread in the wanted section for a new bonnet and front bumper aswell.

Bad times.

MD.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Shit dude that sux. Sorry for ya. Hope you are all good tho. Parts can be replaced... dont worry dude, this shit happens

pig666eon

Member +
sorry to hear it mate at least your ok just got to get new parts and your sorted dont worrie about it too much

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
sorry for you dude.. can happen to anyone really! just think about the positive side.. you can get an aftermarket bumper!

Beaker

Member +
Expect the worst, as in it will be written off, and start looking for a new car. When I have had crashes in the past, I have always been excited about getting a new car rather than upset as crashes do happen.
Having said that you may find the insurance company repairs it all for you, but how ever good the job is, it will never be the same to you.
But the most important thing is that you are ok so look on the bright side and start looking on pistonheads for something new.

Craig_GT

Lifer
Bad news man, Insurance will write it off if you go down that road.
id have a look at the landing panel etc, may require a bit more work than you think to fix it. if so insurance maybe the best option ;)

Anyways least our ok n no1 was hurt.

KrissyB

Member +
sorry to hear that but how did you crash in to the back of him, was it just a lapse of concentration or was it the regular bumper to bumper action I see everyday when driving;).

Best of luck sorting it

snooksgt

Banned for being a thief
iya m8 least u not the only 1 i had a bump meself on sat, least u ok tho and wot was the extent ov damage and i up loaded a pik ov mine take a glimpse.

Nippon

Member +
sorry to hear that but how did you crash in to the back of him, was it just a lapse of concentration or was it the regular bumper to bumper action I see everyday when driving;).

Best of luck sorting it

Was comming up to a roundabout. The bloke in front of me started to go so i started to follow and then he changed his mind. Bang. Towbar through the front of the car.

Arnold

Lifer
Glad to hear you're ok, bummer about the car. I've been there myself and your health always comes first :)

KrissyB

Member +
Was comming up to a roundabout. The bloke in front of me started to go so i started to follow and then he changed his mind. Bang. Towbar through the front of the car.

Thats bad luck dude hopefully it'll all be superficial

Nippon

Member +
Not yet mate. Its dark by the time i get home from work each night.
Sounds worse than it is but still requires new bonnet and bumper.