haha

my apprentice quit today, he said it was because i was calling him names. then for the last 10 min of our journey home he kept asking me why i called him Thrombosis, i said it was because he was like a moving clot haha

Rob H

Member +
we all have nick names where I work its all part of the job lol all we do is take the p*ss out of each other all night it makes the 12 hour shift pass faster! mine is MLP

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
hope he does you for bullying ha ha

we had an apprentice recently he lasted 1 day lol

You'd be surprised how many young fellas start off an apprenticeship and dont realise that being able to give and take a slagging is one of the most important parts of the job :haha:. I spent four and a half years having the lads take the piss out of me and taking the piss out of them in return. You wouldn't believe some of the pranks we pulled on each other. Being an apprentice is not a job for someone sensitive ;)

ste-glanza

Member +
You'd be surprised how many young fellas start off an apprenticeship and dont realise that being able to give and take a slagging is one of the most important parts of the job :haha:. I spent four and a half years having the lads take the piss out of me and taking the piss out of them in return. You wouldn't believe some of the pranks we pulled on each other. Being an apprentice is not a job for someone sensitive ;)

do ya work in a garage in tralee man?

corofin12345

Member +
ull go far with that attitude !

x2 or i hope he likes hospital food... we nailed one of our 1st years to a rafter and went off to lunch... when we got back all that was there was his jumper.. useless fucker he was... another lad that was with us shot himself in the arse with a nailgun... haha

Fro

Member +
If your looking for an apprenticeship contact the author of this thread, he might have a spot going :haha:

I wasnt an apprentice but was the youngest when I worked on the roofs, got abused some days but it's all part of the banter, been nailed to roofs, hung from scaffolding, sent for boxes of nailholes And skyhooks (should have seen that coming)
But playing pranks on the boss was the best bit, we got the digger driver to dig the road up behind our bosses van and we fucked of home :haha:

i do feel bad, but they dont work unless you give them some abuse. he was rubbish his phone was glued to his right hand, everything he did leaked or was plumbed wrong. tip for anyone looking for apprentices, go speak to their college lecturer.

lewism1

Member +
x2 or i hope he likes hospital food... we nailed one of our 1st years to a rafter and went off to lunch... when we got back all that was there was his jumper.. useless fucker he was... another lad that was with us shot himself in the arse with a nailgun... haha

i can have a laugh but i wouldnt have put up with bein nailed to a rafter :haha:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Plumbings something id love to do! Before i started up my business i was out learning the trade from my mate who is a plumber, yes i was his bitch but how else does someone learn. He didnt get regular enough work to take someone on full-time. The boy who quit is a bell-end, after his apprenticeship he has a career for life.

i know iain, he only had a year and a half to go, and for all he was shit he wasnt losing me money. so i wasnt looking to sack or get rid of him, was only trying to make him work harder.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
i know iain, he only had a year and a half to go, and for all he was shit he wasnt losing me money. so i wasnt looking to sack or get rid of him, was only trying to make him work harder.

Has no idea what hes lost out on mate, havin his phone in his hand all the time i wouldve sacked him. Plenty of other folk would pretty much do anything to be in his shoes

hubbygt

Member +
Has no idea what hes lost out on mate, havin his phone in his hand all the time i wouldve sacked him. Plenty of other folk would pretty much do anything to be in his shoes

Couldn't agree more Iain, some folk just don't have their priorities right in the slightest

Couldn't agree more Iain, some folk just don't have their priorities right in the slightest

x2, I started my apprenticeship when I was 21 and was treated the very same as if I was a 16 year. A first year is a first year no matter what age you are, you put up with it, take the slagging and give a little back and learn to be able to laugh at yourself as well as others, its great life experience. A lot of young lads now have a chip on their shoulders and think they're better than everyone else, that's why they take such offence to be slagged. My father is a spark too and he had me well warned what it would be like before I went into the trade so I had a heads up but I would have been grand anyway because I can take a slagging. I have since left the trade because there is no work and have gone down a down a different career path but I always have my trade to fall back on just incase and it looks great on a CV to be able to say you have completed something, it shows you have drive and commitment to finish something out

Tanz

Lifer
Having dealt with plenty of apprentices,i can honestly say young fellas over the past few years have got fierce lazy,,the majority that is,,you have your select few that are good grafters but in comparison its very little...Their attitudes are stink,no respect no get up and go,nothing...They think they are doing you a favor by coming to work and just standing there when really its you doing them a favor by taking them on.