Handling help

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Ok I think I'm posting this in the relevant place, mods feel free to move it if you disagree.

I'm after some advice guys, got a bonus on its way from work, should be around £1900 and I wanna make my Glanza handle better.
Related mods so far are
wilwood 4 pots/3G discs on the front
Braided brake hoses all round
Koni adjustable shocks with whiteline springs
front and rear strut braces
lower arm bar.
*edit*
whiteline adjustable panhard rod

Out of that £1900 I fancy a new exhaust (I'm thinking Dave B's blue flame system). So with the remaining money what do you guys recommend to help my Glanza handle well?

Cheers for the advice guys,
Hutch.

Last edited:

Mike_ep91

Member +
coilovers
rear anti roll bar
front and rear struts
braided brake lines
grooved disks all round
and if you have the cash a diff would make the hadling better again.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Forgot to say, already got a panhard rod. Whats the cusco bmcs and what difference will it make?

Heard its not really worth bothering with mate.

Heres a snippet of info from Toytuning (hope thats ok :eek: )

During hard braking/driving the toe board where the brake master cylinder is located will actually twist, resulting in decreased brake pedal effort. With the installation of the bracket/stopper kit, the front & back motion of the brake master cylinder is fixed, resulting in increased brake stopping operation.

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
Before adding any ARB's etc you might want to think about replacing old bushings in the wishbones and rear axle.
Also ball joints and track rod ends will help sharpen up things a bit.

Then start thinking about adding a Rear Anti roll bar and Anti lift kit from Whiteline, to what you have.

If you wanted to go further, then coilovers would help.
But it all depends on what you want your car for.

CMR

Member +
Before adding any ARB's etc you might want to think about replacing old bushings in the wishbones and rear axle.
Also ball joints and track rod ends will help sharpen up things a bit.

Then start thinking about adding a Rear Anti roll bar and Anti lift kit from Whiteline, to what you have.

If you wanted to go further, then coilovers would help.
But it all depends on what you want your car for.

Excellent advice from Rory, the bushes on the cars are at least 10 years old on glanzas, and older on GT's so they are past their lifespan.
Im currently replacing all front bushes, ball joints, rack + rod ends to try and get the steering feeling how it should.

I still havnt got a rear arb, but its next on my list ;)

Gryzor

Admin
No dude I'm happy with the power, its handling I want to improve! Unless the td04l does something I'm not aware of! :p

Just thought your handling should already be pretty good with your current mods :p as others have already stated anti-lift, LSD & bushings

monka

Member +
Just thought your handling should already be pretty good with your current mods :p as others have already stated anti-lift, LSD & bushings

lol, so why state td04. such a common bloody modification on these things its unreal