handling?

KrisGt-turbo

Member +
Need help with what mods i can buy to stiffen up my GT a bit. when i first got the wee car 2 years ago it felt really tight and was a pleasure to drive, these days it handles like a boat lol. I have polyflex engine and gearbox mounts on the way because i definitely know the standard ones are done!
Its on the standard hnr shocks and 45mm springs

PSX_20140205_012326_zps7779b872.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Breno58

Member +
A front under strut would help tighten the front end a bit and if you don't already have a rear boot strut get one along with a whiteline rear arb and that will tighten the arse end right up :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your rolling with old dampers and low, lowering springs then the handling wont be too great.

do the bushes, get some coilovers and get the car aligned and it will make the world of difference.

the parts mentioned above will help, but on the road you probably wont notice much difference (apart from maybe the rear arb if you dont replace the rear arm bushes). the bushes, coilovers and a good geometry setup will make the biggest difference.

MeisterR

Lifer
If you are trying to stabilise the car weight transfer, coilovers will probably be the best way to do it.
As you will get new linear rate springs, and also adjustable dampers.
It also replace the old springs, old dampers, old top mounts, and you can adjust your front camber at the same time.

Of course, it depends on your budget and what you are after.

Jerrick