Harness bar Opinions/help

danb87

South East England Area Rep
a mates offered me some harnesses, the type which attach tooo a bar looped ones if thats what you call them.

i have a cusco brace but been told its not good too attach too that, i dont have a cage, but was thinking of a custom one made, what would i need too use, an any idea where on body it would be attached etc.

any one with any ideas/pic of it done etc, will all be repped :)

thanks

dan

danb87

Sanchez i dont have 600 lyin about lOl

Jim, nice one much appricated

An also bump!!

danb87

On the civic on there sayin its dangerous etc, so why do so many people do it? Wats the diffrence looping them round the rear brace? Surely thTs just as dangerous lol

turbojim

Lifer
i think there saying it dangerous because he made it himself and around the rear brace i reckon is worse as there is only two bolts holding down the rear brace which are quiet small on the starlet, my friend has one in his eg civc same idea as that civic in the link but its bigger and probably better quality he bought it from somewhere though iv another link fior you too not sure if u will be allowed look at it though

http://www.toyotaownersclub-irl.com/t12225-_-corolla-7th-gen-ae101-pr0n-thread-_

half ways down the page there is the corolla with harness bar looks really good

danb87

on the blue corrolaq with the takatas mate, its got the non loop clip things round thin bits of metal lol whats that about surely thats not safe lol

thanks

dan

turbojim

Lifer
no mate it dont look to good really ha but thats just the example of the harness bar they shouldn be clipped on like he has them they should be wrapped like normal

danb87

no mate it dont look to good really ha but thats just the example of the harness bar they shouldn be clipped on like he has them they should be wrapped like normal

would a bar across the body welded do the job? an be legal etc?

turbojim

Lifer
not sure on the legal part man but i dont think i would weld it to the body just make one up the same as the ones in the links that bolt on