harness question

bullet

Member +
just wondered where people mount harnesses? ive wrapped both the shoulder belts around the strut brace and the right lap belt to the original belt bolt hole, but where do you mount the left lap belt for the driver?

thanks in advance

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
i bolted mine to side of seat mate, where my side mounts fix to the seat.
and i would advise against wrapping harness arouns strut brace as saw a guy get pulled about it,
also some tracks dont allow it on track..
fix it to where the rear seat belts bolt hole is like i done.

heres a pic of my set up.

Photo0303.jpg

J25GTi

Lifer
Jay-c-glanza. That is just as dangerous as the strut brace.

Fatman did a really informative post about this a few days ago, but I can't search on my blackberry about it. I'm sure someone will post it up in a minute

sanchez

Member +
Yeah they are both wrong and dangerous as said above^^^

Get some bolt eyes and put them where i put mine, in the original seat belt holes (think thats safe and right?)
IMG_0232.jpg

bullet

Member +
any mounting point for the shoulder straps lower than your shoulders is dangerous!!

in the event of an accident the strap will try and pull your shoulders down instead of back - resulting in possible broken back.

i know this already but untill i get my rollcage fitted there arent any safe place's to attach the shoulder harness.

what i need to know is best place on the ep91 where to mount the left lap belt for the driver.

scot-ish

Member +
sanchez, yours are more dangerous than the ones above that people are slating. well imho, yours in the force of an accident, will force you down and trk to compress your spine.

scot-ish

Member +
the top seatbelt bolthole would be quite safe, although in an accident, would cause a slight angle in the forces, and could maybe, i say maybe, try to twist you abit.

i c pillar brace would be a good point, but i dont know if it would be strong enough. should be, but for me, ideally would be a roll cage aye. ive removed the harnesses in my car, and they wer where you have yours,i dunno, im just sceptical lol.

sanchez

Member +
Yeah its a hard one mate, but this is the way ive seen done most, what a pain in the arse lol
I dont think the c pillar bar would be strong enough to be honest either mate, rear strut is stronger i would say...

J25GTi

Lifer
Either aren't designed to take a sudden forward shock though. They are designed for side to side load.

Personally I wouldn't try it. Personally, I would make a triangle that bolts to both b pillar seatbelt harnesses (both sides, with a bar between the two. (Top seatbelt mount height going between the two)

Then brace that with another bar going down to the buckle fixing point on both seats. Use some decent steel tubing and it would be awesome

J25GTi

Lifer
That is exactly what I meant! There was me thinking I had an original idea. D'oh!

Oh well, I'll have to make my millions another way :(

Maybe zisco could make some ;)

sanchez

Member +
That is exactly what I meant! There was me thinking I had an original idea. D'oh!

Oh well, I'll have to make my millions another way :(

Maybe zisco could make some ;)

Haha you would of been in the money mate!

That would be awesome, gonna drop zisco and jezza on uksc a pm :)