has anyone changed to a non pas rack??

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
Well i wanted to ditch the power steering on my starlet so instead of just blocking up the pipes like some have done i got a non pas rack from a uk starlet and went about fitting it today. ive now found out that the universal joint part where it attaches is different. on the pas rack its bigger so i dont know how im going to attach it now??

Anyone done this before?

clarkie

Fresh Recruit
iam kind ov haveing same problem :confused: but i want the pas, iam converting an s reg starlet to a glanza ,i put mine in the column and nuckel was diffrent ! i tryed a gt rack dident bolt up tryed changeing the big bar it bolts 2 that dident bolt up so now ive just got a a pas column off an uk spotive will let you no if it fits 2moz but you will lose the ajustable column :confused:

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
well i realised that the universal joints swapped over. so i did that and got the non pas rack fitted fine all bolts up fine ect but the joint that comes through the bulkhead is about 20mm short of reaching the rack!!! grrr. so i either need the collumn out too or get the bar extended.

im thinking now maybe just put the power steering back in lol

:mad:

BallıGee

Member +
as i said mate column next and then you'll see that it dont bolt up and you have to find the bar under the dash as well