Hazard light/indicator help

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Yo chaps!

Little problem with my indicator/hazard lights on my ep82..

When i indicate either left or right my hazards turn on.... Although literally 2 or 3 times during the long journey they worked as they should of then went back to hazards... Its really frustrating and needs to be done asap as i cant signal where im going lol. My hazard button works as it should to.

Would really appreciate some help, cheers all

ep82morzy

Member +
That sounds really odd,that they worked ok a few times and then played up the rest of the time as they both share the same
Circuit,have you checked the relay for the hazards/indicators?also the hazard switch could be faulty internally causing a problem

dac69er

Super Moderator
I would check for dodgy or damaged wires around the steering column first, then just change the indicator stalk switch. Its most likely that

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Right ive just gone out in it this morning and they are working again but didnt work yesterday?! It is a really odd problem.. I havent checked the relay, where is this located? Maybe a stupid question...

I'll check for damaged cables also... But its weird how now its working again! Bloody thing

ep82morzy

Member +
As above completely forgot about the indicator stalk lol..remove the stalk from the column and check for continuity on the pins when u lift it up and push it down for ur indicators...iirc you should get something on ye pins if the contacts are good

weeJohn

Lifer
The wires from the stalks to the indicators also go through the hazzard light switch, its another area to check the wiring.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Cheers all, i will have a look at these above and see.. It was doing it all again this afternoon and tonight!

rosso321

Member +
Well mate , I had the very same problem. Its ur relay under the steering colum near the front speaker folded up there U can feel and hear it when on screw it out plug out and change for a new one.

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Well mate , I had the very same problem. Its ur relay under the steering colum near the front speaker folded up there U can feel and hear it when on screw it out plug out and change for a new one.

Oh really? If youve had the same problem and you say its that then that will be my first port of call. Thanks for the info :) I'll let ya know if its worked, cheers dude...

Dan3SGTE

Member +
I cant find the bloody relay! can anyone post a picture up of where its located and what it looks like? I have found one relay where mentioned near the front speaker but when i disconnected it all it still worked so that cant be it... And when i mean worked, the indicators where making the hazards go on on.. Worked for like 1 minute then went back to the hazards grrrr!

rosso321

Member +
Its the small black relay tucked away up the top close to the speaker mine was hiden with a few wires from the stalks. But on ur hazards and you should hear it .

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Hi again!

Right ive taken the flasher relay off the car.. Its was making a noise fine.. How can i be sure that this is the problem?

Rosso321 are you 100% sure that this is whats causing the problem mate? As ive heard these relays are pricey and dont wana buy it for no reason.. Where is the best place to get it, toyota i presume?

rosso321

Member +
Mine all started with the hazards staying on as I have a falcon alarm they stay on so thought it was with the alarm. Rang the man installed it told him my hazard would work ok now and again and they might flashes once or then they will stay on. He told me it was flasher relay. My indicators would stay on as well after a few flashes,I.e traffic. I had a donor car and swopped them around and havnt looked back since. I'm sure Toyota alright as you said may be pricy.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Ok dude well I've managed to source one from a celica st185 as they use the same flasher relay and got it for £10 delivered so worth a try... I've checked cables around hazard switch and ones going into relay and seem fine.. Sometimes they work but mostly hazards go on when indicating so we'll see.. I'll keep this up to date.. Cheers for the help, appriciate it peeps

Dan3SGTE

Member +
just to let you know ive changed the relay and still the same problem.. It was working for 3 days then all of a sudden yesterday it started not working again....Its so odd how its inconsistent... So next port of call i guess is the indicator stalk....