HDI Intercooler fitted....nearly there! lol

Kev

Member +
turbo_pipe

The first of many issues with fitting this kit was getting the intercooler pipe from the turbo past my relocated air filter setup.

airfilter

Managed to re-position it to allow the intercooler pipes to run by it.

airfilter2

I might have to get some more samco and piping as the airfilter piping sits a little lower to the ground, there is more clearance then it looks, but it's about an inch lower then before due to the piping.

hdi_intercooler

Temporary cable ties holding the intercooler, only drill bit I didn't have for metal was the one I needed grr. It's still fixed securely with mounts underneath into the chassis.

hdi_front1

Lots of trimming required to get the huge cooler to sit behind the bumper, reasonable neat job, however I've decided I'm going with a custom bumper soon anyway, so I wasn't too worried.

hdi_front

Another pic from the front

engine_top

Engine now looks much more open and easy to work on, next job is to give a big clean up.

Need to sort out my BOV as my HKS one will only fit the stock intercooler setup, so I need another adapter.

Anyway lots of progress made and nice to actually get some time to spend modifying the car

Kev

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
looks really good. yeah it takes a while to fit the hdi kit but its worth it!

madman

Member +
looking good bud.. just something to watch out for is the A/C pipe rubbing off the the intercooler pipe work as it can eat into it im sure its the left hand side as you look at the car

thefalls

Member +
Nicely done!
Very neat i must say.
Just an afterthought,you'd better get an oil filter relocation kit.
It makes life much easier with the oil filter change.
I had a hard time changing mine,hopefully my oil filter relocation kit should reach sometime soon.
By the way,better clean that rocker cover and engine bay as well.

Kev

Member +
thanks guys,

Managed to get it running today by blocking off the bov flange and it seems to be holding boost throughout and no leaks.......well chuffed!

I know what you mean with the oil filter, I'll definately get one when it next needs changing.

Oh don't worry that engine is getting a good clean.....when I get chance mind you lol!

thefalls

Member +
Yeah after burning my forearm on the manifold and few cuts on my hand i swore to get my relocation kit sooner!!! lol!!!

neil

Member +
trimng the bumper takes the most time i find takes you to do a bit at a time to get nice and neat. looks well good work!

Kev

Member +
I don't know what people have used to trim the bumper, but the dremel worked fantasically well!

Good control to make a really neat finish.

Kev