head bolt tool

simonleeds

Member +
hey guys i got a head bolt tool 9 spline one off a trader on here last year finally got round to using it and guess what its the wrong one its slack as hell in the head bolts tried it on 2 engines and it is slack and i aint opening the 3rd to try further has any one else had this problem ?
can i get one local over the counter ?

hey guys i got a head bolt tool 9 spline one off a trader on here last year finally got round to using it and guess what its the wrong one its slack as hell in the head bolts tried it on 2 engines and it is slack and i aint opening the 3rd to try further has any one else had this problem ?
can i get one local over the counter ?

is it a 9 multi spline ? iv never had any issues
ull get one hear ;) http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_32_17&products_id=293

danturbo4311

Member +
on some headbolts which were not direct from toyota i found that the inlet & exhaust headbolts require a different tool, think the inlet required an M10 tool & exhaust was an M9 tool.

simonleeds

Member +
ok ill look into it but ive tried the tool in several diffrent bolts and engines lol
bugger it says m9 on it cant belive it this always happens to me

snooksgt

Banned for being a thief
tool

i guys i have just recently rebuilt my engine and the head bolt tool was aM10 and it worked lovely and thinks went to plan ?

danturbo4311

Member +
snooksgt did you use ARP headbolt as when i installed my ARP bolts they were M10. However original toyota standard headbolts should be M9.

simonleeds

Member +
well if theres 2 sizes common would have been nice to have known when buying its just a piece of scrap to me now ...... well ill see when i order some new head bolts up what the size is