Head Bolts

Braz

Fresh Recruit
ok, as some of you might know i blew the head hasket in my glanza a few mnth ago, and im only gettin round to fixing it now.

but the guy who is doin it for me ran into alittle bit of a problem, when he went to reove the head bolt, no tool he had would take them out, so he asked around, and a few guys who work on starlets said that the might be competition race bolts, that need a special socket to get them out.

so i was wondering if any of you guys have seen these before, or know of the tool to get them out, cuz were kinda stumped as to how to get them out....

photo0011ui4.th.jpg

photo0012ws3.th.jpg

hopefully these pics make sense to you guys, sorry about the size, they were taken on a shitty cam fone.

please help, i want my starbo back.... :drive:

Cheers Braz.

Braz

Fresh Recruit
apparently there is a hole in the midle of the bolt, where some part of the socket sits into to lock it in place or something, thats how he explained it to me.

squeekyduck

Member +

Braz

Fresh Recruit
hes after trying to get it out with the standard one, but no luck, and hes after showin these pics to lads in extreme autos and there after sayin that there not standard head bolts, there race or competition ones, and ya need a special socket set to get em out, now i dont know myslef, im just goin on what ive been told, so i said id post them up here and see if you guys say any different.

and im from new ross, but im down in waterford alot.

squeekyduck

Member +
Oh extreme autos! Stay clear from that shower! I wouldnt let them them work on a bicycle.

Ye, motor factors in the city should have that socket and Toyota also. Its a common enough socket for toyota's.

Braz

Fresh Recruit
they dont have it, and wont be getting it, right ill give him a txt and see what he says. hopefully it'll work, once the heads off, it'l bea few days and my starbo will be back.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
from those pics i can confirm those are 100% STOCK, OEM, ORDINARY, COMMON TOYOTA m9 spline head bolts.. buy the tool from daveB as suggested & u can get them out no problem..

race bolts my ass :haha:

kon

nexia201

Member +
from those pics i can confirm those are 100% STOCK, OEM, ORDINARY, COMMON TOYOTA m9 spline head bolts.. buy the tool from daveB as suggested & u can get them out no problem..

kon

Kon do you have one of them as i need to tighten a bit the head? pleeeeease

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
if you can get me one it would be a favour as i dont know hussey that well

ill ask him tomorrow dude :)

lets hope this weather fucking holds ghax ha nidghaw ghada.. its the last qtm.. u l-SM5 is going to be fucking crazy!! :rockon:

squeekyduck

Member +

kon

Thats extreme for ya!! They add race to everything and charge accordingly!

Braz

Fresh Recruit
buggers anyway, right i just need to find some one with the tool, no need to buy one if i can get a lend of one off a local garage, my uncle is a mechanic with bolands so he knows a few guys, so should have one after the weekend.

thanks for all the help guys.

Braz

Fresh Recruit
alright got ti sorted, got the tool, so they'll be comin off on monday, so should have the starbo back middle of mext week, excellent, its dettin depressing driving the missus golf around, there no kick in it at all....

cheers for all the help guys.
braz.

weeJohn

Lifer
Braz does your mechanic/you know you need to replace the head bolts when you remove them, Toyota recommend new ones are fitted.

I am guessing you dont know this, as you would have had stock Toyota bolts to compare to the ones fitted in your engine if you did.

They can be got from any Toyota parts department, all you need to give them is your chassis number. Usually about £40 a set.