Head Gasket Choosing

SeRCi

Fresh Recruit
I planing to go t4 turbo to my gt ( About 11 PSI ) so i want to change my head gasket my GT. Which is the best mm u think ?

I Found TRD 0,6 mm from nengun.com is this ok or i ve to find more thicker model ?

Thnx

SeRCi

Fresh Recruit
What is the mm of standart gasket ?

Price is the same the standart gasket with TRD 0,6 mm. If you will buy which one u select ?

Ben89

Lifer
Oe headgasket is 1.2mm thick, so by choosing a trd headgasket you halving the thickness which will raise your compression ratio, you may encounter some problems with raising the compression.

What kind of problems, like valves against the piston or what??
I am buying a metal one soon and i see that some people get a 1,6mm one, doesn't know the reason...

SeRCi

Fresh Recruit
Yes mate like you.. T4 or TD05 which model will buy

Will i need FCD ? What is your gasket model ? OEM or like cruise, hks performance model ?

finx

Member +
Oe headgasket is 1.2mm thick, so by choosing a trd headgasket you halving the thickness which will raise your compression ratio, you may encounter some problems with raising the compression.

stock gasket is actually 1mm thick. it starts off as 1.2 and has a .2mm crush factor.

4e and 5e's are non interference and have a big gap between valves and pistons so running a TRD .6mm gasket wont cause issues in that department.

you will raise the compression a bit which will increase engine torque output and reduce turbo lagg, but the other out come is higher internal cylinder pressures and a higher tendency towards detonation if the car isnt tuned properly. damage will occur to the internal components more easily if things aren't set up right.

it can be done and has been proven to work and last so long as everything else around it is tuned to suit and support it.

aftermarket steel gaskets such as hks or similar are often thicker than stock gaskets and will reduce the compression ratio.
stock gaskets are fine and have been proven so are necessary to be upgraded. the TRD items are also just as good.

cheers
Ryan

Last edited: