head gasket? not adding up...

tomgt106

Member +
Hi guys, i know there is threads on this already but mine seems slightly strange..

Ok so had a used ct9 fitted last week and couple days after i started the engine drove for around half hour then noticed white smoke from the exhaust and bonnet area..

i then checked the coolant and noticed the radiator hose had a split so repaired that..and now have no steam from the engine bay but still have some coming out the exhaust if its left idling for more than a minute or so..

the temp gauge never goes above half way, i have recently changed the oil and the old oil wasnt watered down and the dipstick and filler cap dont look like milkshake.

The car doesnt seem to be losing coolant but the reserviour tank does seem abit dirty..i will flush the system and replace with fresh coolant etc

but the car doesnt seem to have lost power and the heaters still blow very hot inside and dont smell like coolant..

any ideas would be great :D

tom

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
the steam ur noticing coming from the exhaust is called condensation, seeing england is the warmenst/dryest country in the world, its only normal to have condensation mate. if it smells like steam its no problem at all.

if your water is looking dirty. flush the system and get new "Toyota For Life" Coolant in, and ull be sorted.

Doesnt sound like any headgasket problems to me, at all ;)

kon

tomgt106

Member +
Is it normal even after driving it for a while though?

Thought condensation went after the engine got hot?

Started noticing abit of blue today wil get a garage to check it out but just worried as only recently had the turbo put on!