Head gasket

ep91steve

Member +
Just put oil in car and noticed gunk in oil cap.. And using water out off coolant bottle
Now the car overheated twice jue to gasket knackerd on water lines. Be lucky if it over heated for 2minz before a noticed
Car runs fine! Would you adivse not to drive
Also what gasket will a get? And size?
Am forged running 1.1bar hybrid cams etc

Rob H

Member +
I would not drive it as it can do more damage to the head and block plus if it over heats there is a chance it could seize up the engine. Are you using dished or flat top pistons? what compression are you after?

Rob H

Member +
I would go with something like a 1.2mm then to be safe but saying that you will be taking the head off any way if you have low comp pistons you could go for something like the TRD 0.6mm thats what I will be using with my greddy TD05 set up. I would also recommend the ARP head bolts too but it may have them if your lucky!

ep91steve

Member +
Ct9/CT20 Hybrid Turbo
Zisco mani and decat and turbosmart wastegate
Wiseco Racing Low Compression 74.5mm Pistons
Wiseco Racing Piston Rings/Pins
Scat Forged Conrods with ARP Connecting Bolts
Uprated Metal Head Gasket
New Cambelt/Tensioner/Idler Kit
New OEM Toyota Head Bolts
New OEM Toyota Complete Engine Gasket Set
New OEM Toyota Oil Seals
New OEM Toyota Water Pump
New OEM Toyota Oil Pump
New OEM Toyota Valve Stem Seals
Crank Reground With New Bearings
New Mainend Bearings/Shells
Full Bottom End Rebuild
Port & Polished
Block Professionally Rebored/Honed
Head Stripped/Cleaned/Re-Shimmed
Re-Profiled Cams 254/254 with 7.8mm of lift

Rob H

Member +
There the same pistons as I am using so you would be fine with the 0.6mm TRD gasket there better for cutting down on turbo lag but with your set up I don't think lag would be a problem anyway.

ep91steve

Member +
There the same pistons as I am using so you would be fine with the 0.6mm TRD gasket there better for cutting down on turbo lag but with your set up I don't think lag would be a problem anyway.

That's rob a was looking at a athenas 1.4mm but a don't have a clue what the sizes are all about when it comes to headgaskets

id buy a full head set for a uk 4efe so that gives u all the gaskets for the inlet manifold, exhaust manifold, rocker cover inc rings and washers, cam seals etc
and buy a 1.2m steel gasket !
get the head skimmed/checked
buy some red antifreeze, oil and a filter , plugs if u think they need done. also the timing belt and inspect water pump !
and remember and set all dizzy timing etc after u finish !

Last edited:

ep91steve

Member +
Right car at garage the now! They said a put 2litre to much of oil in the car :O (tit a am),they said that could be the problem. Oil is clear not milky or that, heaters working as far as a member. No smoke out off exhaust more like condensation and car has only been started up few times in last 2 month for about ten minz max