headlight problems

Jdace

Ok, so my rh side low beam plug wires had been knicked by a drive belt, so now i came to replace the plug.. after doing so its not quite right.. when i turn low beams on the lh side is fine, but the rh side is dim, even the high beams are dim on both sides (its not on high beam yet..). Then i turn hi beams on, both the lh hi and low are good, but now nothing on the rh side, only led park lights. My hi beam light on dash doesnt come on either. When i disconnect the new plug and turn em on hi or low, i dont get anything on the rh side-not even dim lights. When i was replacing plug i did accidentally touch a terminal to something cause i heard it arc.

Can anyone shed some light please?

Jdace

I was going to check fuses but the bulbs still go.. just dim and dark orange. I remember a few weeks ago my lights would stay on and flicker dim for atleast 5 seconds aftr i switch them off. I just used bullet terminals.

Ahh i just remembered that on the rh side, since it already had been replaced in the past, i left the bullet terminal on one of the wires instead of replacing it since it looked fine. Maybe il cut that one off and stick one of mine on, maybe they werent a perfect match.

Nope, still the same

Last edited:

Jdace

I just noticed now at night time, at low beams(when hi beams and rh low are real dim) my hi beam light on dash is on-but quite dim too. And when i switch them to hi beams the light goes off, and the left hi beam is sweet, and the right side low and his are off-not even dim anymore

dark_knight

Member +
current leakage

it's most likely the fuse mate. the dim glow on the RHS is leakage current from the LHS circuit as each of them is powered independently via the fuse box. about your dash light, it's probably the (in-dash) bulb that has died. check it..
good luck.